Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

first long ride of the season, new seat

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 10:27 PM
PistolPete83
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Default first long ride of the season, new seat

Here in CT the weather has not been cooperating with us riders...as many others across the country could probobly attest...so Saturday finally brought a nice 60 degree day...i have many seats in my arsenal including a stock solo off an 06 bob...2 up sundowner...leather brawler seat and a barebones....although the sundowner is quite cozy and a necessity for 2 up...its gotta be the fugliest seat ever made....used for about a week and that is collecting dust in my shop...stock solo is pretty decent comfort wise but im all about looks and its just not low pro enough, especially since i added the burly slammer kit....so although a great seat imo off that went also....over the winter i purchased a leather brawler near mint but i couldnt get my mind off the bare bones as i love the look, so i bit the bullit and copped the bare bones also....i havent had a chance to run the brawler yet because as soon as i threw the bare bones on i loved the look....as i was skeptical of this seat for comfort i have to say its not far off from my stock solo....even with the lowered suspension the seat really doesnt bother me at all even after the three hundred miles i put on saturday...the look of this seat is like no other and it makes the bike really seem lowered now, which i love....CT roads are a potholes best friend so i did manage to hit 1 or 2 large ones and with the barebones and no suspension it was pretty shitty...pretty unforgiving in fact but that is my only complaint and i attribute most of that to the burlys....overall super happy with my scoot and glad i pulled the trigger on the barebones as it completed the transformation i was looking for....for those out there on the fence about buying the la pera....my advice would be good investment...ride safe

Attached Thumbnails first long ride of the season, new seat-image.jpg  
Old 03-23-2014, 10:38 PM
Tau511
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

60 degrees, sounds a bit chilly . . . glad you're back on the road!

Old 03-24-2014, 09:02 AM
PistolPete83
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

It is...lol...but when its been 20 , 60 feels like 85