Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob Quarter Fairing

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 07:06 PM
JMummery
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Bob Quarter Fairing

Ok guys need some info here, been searching and reading and searching and more reading. I have the arlen ness fairing but want more wind coverage for my face. So it's either between Conely T-Sport 14" or Rifle roadster 14" fairing. Any info on pro / cons/ or experiences with these fairing and which one would work out the best. Don't want to shell out this cash to find something down the road that is a known problem.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:17 PM
latrobedyna
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't understand the concept here and nothing personal ok but why have a bobber if you don't want to be in the wind?

Old 04-03-2014, 07:22 PM
Mr Bentwrench
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Rifle is on my list with the 15". Cheap enough for me to add the bubble and you the 18" for spares.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:24 PM
JMummery
Road Captain

Originally Posted by latrobedyna
I don't understand the concept here and nothing personal ok but why have a bobber if you don't want to be in the wind?
So i don't have to fight to stay on my bike going down the freeway. Gets really tiring after 2 hrs holding on

Old 04-03-2014, 07:27 PM
XFXDX
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Because riding less than 80mph sucks!

It's funny you think a Street Bob is a "bobber".

Old 04-03-2014, 07:31 PM
JMummery
Road Captain

Originally Posted by XFXDX
Because riding less than 80mph sucks!
hahahaa very true, i do 80 and I'm the slow one getting passed and flipped off...

Old 04-03-2014, 08:15 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 737 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by latrobedyna
I know you're not asking me, you're asking the OP, but when you throw it up here as opposed to say a PM you understand you have to accept fellow members opinions so here's mine:
The beauty of bikes is everyone can do and make whatever they want out of their bike in their pursuit of what makes them feel good. And a caveat to that is there are few bikes that match the versatility of a blank canvas that the SB's can.
And God knows the blank canvas they are since MoCo knowingly creates them with so many flaws and shortcomings. And I say this because everyone knows it.
Chuck Yeager (one of America's human treasures) used to ride a HD drunk off his wahoo and I'd bet you a 100 bucks back in his day if he would have rather had a little screen as opposed to the bare bones he rode he would have took a little screen. Did he fly his fighters without a screen or with one? Was he a puss cause his fighters had a screen or was he a badass nevertheless?
The answer was Nevertheless! Cause he's ChuckphuckingYeager and hell yeah, he's Chuck Yeager!!!!!!!!!!

This is America, America

And because someone wants to put a quarter fairing on an HD I say damn-hell-yeah!
Putting a quarter fairing on an HD doesn't make it a sport bike and I don't really give a crap if it did. Whatever someone wants to do to their bike I say damn skippy, 4 bags full and go with full throttle up! God Bless America and our allies and hope we all stand fast together

If I saw someone's version of a bobber without a fairing and someone's version with a fairing I'd say damn skippy to both of them and I would kiss the dirt they were both parked on and thank God I was a secret agent man and an American or our ally that day

There's only one thing that counts in this world, good dirt, a little water, sunshine, air, the crops that come from it and all of us to stick together when the odds stack up against us.

Embrace difference, trust the faithful, stand by your brothers, and try the medulla oblongata on your way out

Old 04-03-2014, 08:42 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
I know you're not asking me, you're asking the OP, but when you throw it up here as opposed to say a PM you understand you have to accept fellow members opinions so here's mine:
The beauty of bikes is everyone can do and make whatever they want out of their bike in their pursuit of what makes them feel good. And a caveat to that is there are few bikes that match the versatility of a blank canvas that the SB's can.
And God knows the blank canvas they are since MoCo knowingly creates them with so many flaws and shortcomings. And I say this because everyone knows it.
Chuck Yeager (one of America's human treasures) used to ride a HD drunk off his wahoo and I'd bet you a 100 bucks back in his day if he would have rather had a little screen as opposed to the bare bones he rode he would have took a little screen. Did he fly his fighters without a screen or with one? Was he a puss cause his fighters had a screen or was he a badass nevertheless?
The answer was Nevertheless! Cause he's ChuckphuckingYeager and hell yeah, he's Chuck Yeager!!!!!!!!!!

This is America, America

And because someone wants to put a quarter fairing on an HD I say damn-hell-yeah!
Putting a quarter fairing on an HD doesn't make it a sport bike and I don't really give a crap if it did. Whatever someone wants to do to their bike I say damn skippy, 4 bags full and go with full throttle up! God Bless America and our allies and hope we all stand fast together

If I saw someone's version of a bobber without a fairing and someone's version with a fairing I'd say damn skippy to both of them and I would kiss the dirt they were both parked on and thank God I was a secret agent man and an American or our ally that day

There's only one thing that counts in this world, good dirt, a little water, sunshine, air, the crops that come from it and all of us to stick together when the odds stack up against us.

Embrace difference, trust the faithful, stand by your brothers, and try the medulla oblongata on your way out

Suede man I bet your a kick in *** to drink with lol. Amen brother well put!

To the OP I'd say go for whatever one you like the look of better. 9 times out of 10 you can adjust the fairing/ windshield to limit or eliminate buffeting which is the main issue with 1/4 fairings. The conely is made from fiberglass so the inside of the fairing is a little wavy from what I've seen, I don't know about the rifle. I think they both look great

Old 04-03-2014, 08:43 PM
JMummery
Road Captain

A true poet... lol

Old 04-03-2014, 11:59 PM
latrobedyna
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL chill guys i just said i did not understand the concept was all i also said it was nothing personal now didnt i?

Quick Reply: Street Bob Quarter Fairing