Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deployment gifts for my second wife

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 11:15 PM
Strive4More
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deployment gifts for my second wife

Well I've been buying parts for the past 6 months while gone and have slowly been getting everything in and installed. I've always loved tinkering with machines and it's only been recently I could actually afford to do the things I usually only think about. Bike started a plain jane 2013 streetbob with a 96" and mids. I rode her about 2 months before putting her in storage with ~950 miles. Current mods in the works are
- V&H short shots (check) Looking at either the V&H pro pipe or a Boarzilla in the future
- relocated turn signals (truwrapz LED strips on the forks)
- plate bracket relocation to rear axle (check)
- Kodlin bonanza ll tall narrow bars (check)
- forwards (check)
- fuel moto 107 kit w/ level B heads and woods 777 cams (check)

I'll post some pics of each and some of the numerous issues I've run into on each mod.

Last edited by Strive4More; 04-14-2014 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:44 PM
Strive4More
Intermediate

The Kodlin bars are the best bang for the buck I think I've done so far. Because of the stock wire and cable lengths on the streetbob I got away with a complete ape hanger install for under $125 dollars! First off a few things you should know:
- Cables will reach. Trust me. Unlatch the brake cable under the trees and run the clutch down the right side down tube.
- Wiring. Yes it reaches too. Pull the rubber plugs outta each side of the frame near the neck and you're good. The 2013 models run the small connectors, however, I still ended up splicing. Reason being I barely got the plug into the bars (coulda hogged out the hole with a drill bit I guess) and once I did I couldn't get them to make it through the top angle so they got cut. Not saying it can't be done but if you wanna save an hour of your night, half a six pack, and a lot of cussin just cut 'em. If anyone knows how to disassemble them feel free to post a quote or link to help those thinking about it out. I looked for 20 minutes and couldn't find a thing. After that my high speed wiring pulling apparatus aka the left over line in my weedeater worked fine for pulling the wires through. This would have been an hour job if I didn't go ahead and pull the tank for the 107 and screw around with the dang connectors. Things to keep in mind:
1) buy a dang manual
2) the wiring is epoxied into the hand controls so don't bother disassembling the control to unpin them
3) if you plan on relocating your turn signals the factory relocation port is about an inch down on the harness. One side is black the other is white. You get the other end from Harley or if it's Sunday and they are closed you can cut the plugs and hardware them.

Last edited by Strive4More; 04-14-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:23 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Your going to love the 107" !!! I do!
You don't really have to pull the tank to do the job, just roemove the rear tank bolt, tip it up and place something under there.
There are better cams for the build however there are the new 888's which jamie carries.
I'd be surprised if he did not recomend a bigger throttle body, could always be done later, but there will be a huge difference in power.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:46 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Where are the pictures?
Well done, 107 rocks!

Old 04-06-2014, 08:50 AM
Govno
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 04-06-2014, 09:09 AM
Strive4More
Intermediate

T/B , injectors, and a boarzilla are all on the want list at this point. Still trying to decide which tb to get. 50mm should be enough but part of me is saying a 117" is in the future so I want to go bigger but not so big I kill response time with the 107. The dealer threw the shortshots in and, to be honest, I love the sound of them. Though they do make it harder to sneak outta the office early. Originally I was lookin at the 8-6 cams but Jaime recommended against them without crank work. I'll have to look into the 888s while I wait for my bearing puller/ installer to show up from George's. It's amazing how nobody rents those tool out. $200 in tools to install two $20 bearings. FML. Guess you can never have too many tools.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:29 AM
Strive4More
Intermediate

Hold your horses guys I'm uploading a batch to photobucket as we speak

Old 04-06-2014, 09:35 AM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had Shortshots and I personally think they suck. I bought them cause they were cheap which is why I think they are so popular.

You can buy a blind hole bearing puller from Harbor Freight that will pull those bearings...used it on mine and hopefully on my brothers here soon. Keeps another $140 in your pocket and can be used on wheel bearings and other things too.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:45 AM
Strive4More
Intermediate

Well hell. I wished I'd known about that before I bought the ones I did. I got a decent deal buying from George's vs the Jim's ones from j&p. Live and learn

Old 04-06-2014, 10:09 AM
Strive4More
Intermediate

Well I can rip apart a twin cam but I can't figure out how to post pics

Quick Reply: Deployment gifts for my second wife