Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AIT Sensor Not Connected

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 11:33 AM
luckycaribou
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AIT Sensor Not Connected

Bought an 06 Strret Bob about a month ago and have just been tinkering around with it to get familiar with things. It appears to have a high flow air filter on it, the back plate is removed and it is round vs the more oval shaped one that comes stock. I also noticed a plug just hanging there. Looking at my manual I'm thinking it's the intake air temp sensor. Is this a normal thing to not have hooked up with the high flow filter??? I have noticed that the pipes seem to get really hot, really fast. Way more than I ever noticed on my Sporty. It runs good as long as I let it warm up long enough but it seems odd to have the sensor not connected. Thanks for the help.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:38 AM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look at it again.

I have a connector that is not connected to anything...it has a plastic cap on it.

If any of your sensors were disconnected, you'd get a light.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:57 AM
luckycaribou
Intermediate

Ok...well maybe it not what I thought it was now that I am looking at it again. The connector part of it is capped off and there is a sticky pad on the wires????

Old 05-20-2014, 12:04 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by luckycaribou
Ok...well maybe it not what I thought it was now that I am looking at it again. The connector part of it is capped off and there is a sticky pad on the wires????
It is originally attached to the back of the stock filter housing...when you switch them out, the wire just "danlges" which makes it look out of place.

Not sure what it's used for, if it's an emission thing for CA or international models.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:07 PM
bobnehoc
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

No worries. That wire rumor has it is for international models. I have the same thing on my bike and I just tucked it up under the tank.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:29 PM
Black Bart
Road Master

Originally Posted by luckycaribou
Bought an 06 Strret Bob about a month ago and have just been tinkering around with it to get familiar with things. It appears to have a high flow air filter on it, the back plate is removed and it is round vs the more oval shaped one that comes stock. I also noticed a plug just hanging there. Looking at my manual I'm thinking it's the intake air temp sensor. Is this a normal thing to not have hooked up with the high flow filter??? I have noticed that the pipes seem to get really hot, really fast. Way more than I ever noticed on my Sporty. It runs good as long as I let it warm up long enough but it seems odd to have the sensor not connected. Thanks for the help.
That connector you're referring to is for the HDI (European) models. It does just hang there and is not used for Domestic models.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:47 PM
luckycaribou
Intermediate

Thanks guys

Old 05-20-2014, 01:06 PM
Frédéric CM
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

I have a 2014 Street Bob (HDI -> France) and the connector have the black plastic cap too...