Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thundermax guys I got a PN question

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 03:54 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Thundermax guys I got a PN question

What's up guys, I just got back from vacation to find my new thundermax waiting for me. I can't wait to get this thing on the bike but of course there's a possible issue and the company I bought it from is closed over the weekend.

I ordered part number 309-485 which should be the right ECM for my 08 superglide. The sticker on the box has that number on it but the ECM says model 309-460 which should be for a touring bike or softail. The box seems to be unopened and still sealed from thunderheart.

Did any of you have this issue? I'm wondering if the two model numbers share the body with different electronics inside? I know it's a pain to see these things on the dynas but if anyone has easy access to their thundermax ECM can you take a look and let me know what your model number says?

Thanks again guys here's some pics of what I'm talking about

Old 08-30-2014, 05:44 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought a used one for my brother, it had a different part number than needed for his 2006 Dyna.

I believe it may have been for a Softail or Roadking.

We both called the mfg and were told it would work...and it is working just fine.

I say you will be fine.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:26 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Same here....mine was from a softail, same ****. Call TMax on Tuesday to double check before you rip everything apart, but my guess it's all the same.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:10 PM
monster715
Road Warrior

I called my brother and had him look at his and it has the same part number on the ECM as mine. He bought his new also, I wonder why they list it as one PN and sell another. Must be the same body with different firmware or something. I dunno, I'm gonna go for it seems to be the right one. This one also says "wave tune" on it. I looked it up but can't find much about it. Looks like a new auto tune feature from tmax. Can't wait to get this puppy in the bike, I'm tired of a bike that runs like crap!

Old 08-31-2014, 08:50 PM
monster715
Road Warrior

I installed the thunder max today and everything works great. I'm thinking the part number difference may be for the pigtail for the USB since the dyna ECM is crammed in there. Anyway just an update for anyone who may later run into this same issue. I can't believe how much better the bike runs. I'm liking it

Old 08-31-2014, 09:03 PM
californiafatbob2013
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ThunderMax part #??????????

Originally Posted by monster715
What's up guys, I just got back from vacation to find my new thundermax waiting for me. I can't wait to get this thing on the bike but of course there's a possible issue and the company I bought it from is closed over the weekend.

I ordered part number 309-485 which should be the right ECM for my 08 superglide. The sticker on the box has that number on it but the ECM says model 309-460 which should be for a touring bike or softail. The box seems to be unopened and still sealed from thunderheart.

Did any of you have this issue? I'm wondering if the two model numbers share the body with different electronics inside? I know it's a pain to see these things on the dynas but if anyone has easy access to their thundermax ECM can you take a look and let me know what your model number says?

Thanks again guys here's some pics of what I'm talking about

Monster, this should be the part#309-485 you are looking for for your 09 SG..........
I do not think they put different electronic's in for the same part #........... But I know they have new wave tune models, do not know why they would have a different part # on the actual part..........
I do have a contact you could call and find out........... Let me know if you need the info.........

Live Free = Ride Free..........

Last edited by californiafatbob2013; 08-31-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:20 PM
monster715
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by californiafatbob2013
Monster, this should be the part#309-485 you are looking for for your 09 SG..........
I do not think they put different electronic's in for the same part #........... But I know they have new wave tune models, do not know why they would have a different part # on the actual part..........
I do have a contact you could call and find out........... Let me know if you need the info.........

Live Free = Ride Free..........
I talked to thundermax and the dyna thundermax has a different part number only because it includes the pigtail. The ECM is the same as many different models. Thanks though man I appreciate it. I'm in Brentwood btw we should hook up for a beer sometime I know your close I think I've seen you around

Old 09-12-2014, 11:27 PM
californiafatbob2013
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Good Deal...............

Originally Posted by monster715
I talked to thundermax and the dyna thundermax has a different part number only because it includes the pigtail. The ECM is the same as many different models. Thanks though man I appreciate it. I'm in Brentwood btw we should hook up for a beer sometime I know your close I think I've seen you around
Glad you are all taken care of............

Yup I am in Brentwood, should do it...........I am across from the Tattoo shop off Brentwood Bvld..........

Live Free =- Ride Free................