General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why the need to post about wrecks

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 03:53 AM
kanelakos
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Why the need to post about wrecks

I dont mean to sound cold hearted but I hate seeing posts about crashes and wrecks. It would be like going to a scuba forum and seeing "joe got eaten by a shark today" or " Sue drowned yesterday when her gear malfunctioned."

Toyota tacoma forum: "yeah, Joe flipped his truck offroading and broke his neck"

Being involved in other forums, you dont see that stuff but it is like a must here because of the inherent dangers of riding.

I dont buy into there are two types of bikers, ones that went down and the ones who will. Very negative thoughts. Thoughts the one does not need when they throw their leg over.

Flame if you want but I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way.

(

Old 07-25-2015, 05:05 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

I like them. At worst they remind you not to get complacent. At best you may learn an avoidance strategy.
If you prefer riding in LaLa Land, don't click on them.

Old 07-25-2015, 05:25 AM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,743 Likes on 980 Posts

Well for what it is worth, there are a few on this forum that believes
in the lord God almighty, and power of prayer. Now if you crashed and got busted up would you rather us Christians not bow our heads for you, and your family, who is going to support them, and pay your bills while you mend? I do not believe that any of us on the forum rejoice over a bike wreck, but it can also remind us not to loose our fear, because once the fear is gone a person thinks that they can not be hurt, and they take chances that they shouldn't.

Old 07-25-2015, 05:45 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
I like them. At worst they remind you not to get complacent. At best you may learn an avoidance strategy.
Bingo.

Old 07-25-2015, 05:54 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I dont mind learning from other peoples mistakes but could get by just fine without some of the gory pictures

Old 07-25-2015, 06:42 AM
HD 472
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
I don't like them, but sometimes we need a reminder that we are not invincible....
Originally Posted by 6 gun
Well for what it is worth, there are a few on this forum that believes
in the lord God almighty, and power of prayer. Now if you crashed and got busted up would you rather us Christians not bow our heads for you, and your family, who is going to support them, and pay your bills while you mend? I do not believe that any of us on the forum rejoice over a bike wreck, but it can also remind us not to loose our fear, because once the fear is gone a person thinks that they can not be hurt, and they take chances that they shouldn't.
6 gun has a good point, a little prayer and support doesn't hurt. I also think bobbleheads fall into that false sense of security, sitting inside their full face helmets...You can be just as dead with or without the bobblehead! "Don't take stupid chances"

Originally Posted by ynots
I dont mind learning from other peoples mistakes but could get by just fine without some of the gory pictures
Bingo.

Old 07-25-2015, 06:44 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Part of the healing process and sometimes I read and learn from their mistakes/experiences.

If you don't like them...don't read them...pretty simple.

Old 07-25-2015, 06:49 AM
kojak
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,494 Likes on 1,244 Posts

"I dont buy into there are two types of bikers, ones that went down and the ones who will. Very negative thoughts. Thoughts the one does not need when they throw their leg over."
Your'e missing the point of the saying, its just a reminder **** can happen when you least expect it to any one.

Old 07-25-2015, 06:53 AM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts
Old 07-25-2015, 07:13 AM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by rwhisen
<p>Did you guys see this?</p><p>
Not sure the purpose of the link...didn't seem to have much to do with the topic at hand. Is there some hidden agenda here?