General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Info Needed! Fairing on RKC..

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 11:42 AM
hdking13
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info Needed! Fairing on RKC..

I know this has been beaten to death, but there are questions that have not been answered. I have searched all threads ect. and found some good info, but not what I need. I want to put a fairing on my RKC and initially was all about using a streetglide fairing. I have found ZERO help with that. I was planning on having a friend of mine that does fiberglass work to redo the enitire inner for just speakers and my iPad Mini. So after that fail, I decided to look into AM fairings. I believe Dead Center looks to be the most atractive for my uses. I like the flat empty space above the radio were I could mount my iPad and use it as a GPS. I really wanted a fairing that I could use Harley parts on. Please let me know your experiances with your fairing and please give good detail not just "My Dragonfly Rocks!" Once I find what I want, I will be searching for a used one on craigslist or maybe if a member here has one they are wanting to get rid of???? Thanks for the help...

Old 03-25-2014, 11:44 AM
MN_RoadKing
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Why would you want to ruin a perfectly good RoadKing?

I know, I know....to each his own...

Old 03-25-2014, 01:19 PM
hdking13
Cruiser

come on guys there are 900+ of you on this forum as we speak.. lets here it!

Old 03-25-2014, 01:21 PM
glide2meetu
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe try the touring section? More specific to the Road King and fairing bikes that you seek.

Old 03-25-2014, 08:47 PM
Loc_Tite
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I'll chime in. If you can, look at the fairings in person. I looked closely at two manufacturers in Daytona this year and the difference in quality was huge. One, which was a well known brand, was less expensive and pre- painted black, had orange peel paint, rough cut weatherstripping, and raw edges around the perimeter. I wouldn't want it on my bike. The other ones were not painted but were sealed smoothly at the seam, crisply fit and finished, and the painted display bike had a mirror finish. Of course the cheap place was hopping with customers.

Last edited by Loc_Tite; 03-25-2014 at 09:19 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:14 PM
MikeBel
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,502 Likes on 640 Posts

Why the secrecy on the forum? I see this a lot. You've got good info to share, so spill the beans and let us know the manufacturers you're talking about. Stating your opinion doesn't open you up to a libel suit.

Originally Posted by Loc_Tite
I'll chime in. If you can, look at the fairings in person. I looked closely at two manufacturers in Daytona this year and the difference in quality was huge. One, which was a well known brand, was less expensive and pre- painted black, had orange peel paint, rough cut weatherstripping, and raw edges around the perimeter. I wouldn't want it on my bike. The other ones were not painted but were sealed smoothly at the seam, crisply fit and finished, and the painted display bike had a mirror finish. Of course the cheap place was hopping with customers.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:14 PM
Loc_Tite
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I know how this plays out is why... a guy gets butt-hurt when I call out what he bought and ten more jump on. Then everyone is confused or pissed off.
These questions are best asked in a PM.

Old 03-27-2014, 05:39 PM
2 Evil
Cruiser

I have a 2010 Road King with a Quadzilla fairing from Hoppe. I got it because a friend had it on his RKC and had a curve to it similar to the Glide. A little pricey than the Dead Center fairing but I got what I liked. 4 speakers and a bluetooth stereo that cranks. Usb and a accessory port and charger. Well made and I'm happy with it.

Sent while riding!

Old 03-27-2014, 06:01 PM
cobby
Tourer

Originally Posted by MikeBel
Why the secrecy on the forum? I see this a lot. You've got good info to share, so spill the beans and let us know the manufacturers you're talking about. Stating your opinion doesn't open you up to a libel suit.
I didn't know they put hard bags on a classic such as in your sig pic. Or, why would you swap them out?

Old 03-27-2014, 08:37 PM
booch
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a Deadcenter.
I bought it after much research on the forums never seeing anything bad.
It is very well made, great customer service, well worth the little extra cost since I plan on keeping it a long time.
You will have trouble mounting a ipad above the stereo, I put a Gps and it takes up most of the space.

Quick Reply: Info Needed! Fairing on RKC..