General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why I hate stealerships

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 06:30 PM
EdrikLT
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why I hate stealerships

So I recently bought a brand new street bob and today with less than 1000 miles on it, the fing air cover comes fly off. It hits the payment and is dented and warped! I call the dealership because this is b/s and they tell me its ok and I can just drive it like that and call tomorrow for the service dept. and they "might" put it under warranty! I wanted to drive back there and slam this bike through the dealership window! First its pissing out the intake for. 300 miles and now this!! Tomorrow the service guy wont know what hit him.. Sorry if this is the wrong area but sh8t. I just bought the thing and there telling me its "fine" and they "might" warranty it. The cover alone is 150 bucks!! This just total blows my mind!!!

Old 06-08-2014, 06:36 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,969 Likes on 1,718 Posts

What dealer, Gengras or other?

Old 06-08-2014, 06:43 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,922 Likes on 17,475 Posts

Wind it down a few notches sparky , take deep breaths and release slowly ........ While it's understandable your pissed ( who wouldn't be ) if you think about it a second the dealer didn't touch the air cleaner , if it was loose or something broke it came from the factory that way , no need going ballistic on peeps who had dick to do with it happening . Ok ?

The " might " thing is they have to see what happened to make the call and 99.9% chance your golden with the whole deal , going through the door breathing fire will just make you case harder and any service you need from now out isn't to be looked forward to by them , Don't **** where your gonna live till the warranty runs out ..

Old 06-08-2014, 06:47 PM
rowdyj
Advanced

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Wind it down a few notches sparky , take deep breaths and release slowly ........ While it's understandable your pissed ( who wouldn't be ) if you think about it a second the dealer didn't touch the air cleaner , if it was loose or something broke it came from the factory that way , no need going ballistic on peeps who had dick to do with it happening . Ok ?

The " might " thing is they have to see what happened to make the call and 99.9% chance your golden with the whole deal , going through the door breathing fire will just make you case harder and any service you need from now out isn't to be looked forward to by them , Don't **** where your gonna live till the warranty runs out ..

Good solid advise! There's hope for this forum afterall! lol

Old 06-08-2014, 06:50 PM
dertyone22
Cruiser
Received 325 Likes on 95 Posts

I agree with Twisted. It's a mechanical object and stuff happens. Most dealers do good on new bikes under warranty.

If things never broke or went wrong imagine how much our "toys" would cost!!!!

Old 06-08-2014, 06:53 PM
FredAndrews
Tourer

Yeah man...take a bud light and relax. Any reputable dealer will help you out. Be cool with them - you may get a freebie for your problem. If you are a hot head - they will show you the door.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:56 PM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts

A good old pissy attitude ought to make you real popular and understanding with the guy that determines if it's covered or not. It's your choice. Go there with a attitude and make it hard or go there being reasonable and get it taken care of. What exactly did the dealer steal from you and if the dealer is a thief, why didn't you go to the police and report the theft?

Old 06-08-2014, 07:08 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,457 Posts

so you have a bike with less than 1000 miles on it and the ac cover comes off and you are so torqued by that that you want to ram your bike through the dealership window?

oil puking out the ac is a common problem, and most times easily rectified.

you might want to get on a prescription or something or you might really come unglued if you have a real problem. oh, and it's your responsibility to periodically check the nuts and bolts on your bike to make sure they are tight, air pressure in the tires too.....

Old 06-08-2014, 07:10 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Originally Posted by roadking2000
A good old pissy attitude ought to make you real popular and understanding with the guy that determines if it's covered or not. It's your choice. Go there with a attitude and make it hard or go there being reasonable and get it taken care of. What exactly did the dealer steal from you and if the dealer is a thief, why didn't you go to the police and report the theft?
Pretty much this. You'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Go in there laughing, with a good positive attitude, joke about if coming off and see what happens.

If it doesn't go your way them and you blow up after that, they'll still remember you the next time you need help.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:19 PM
deano360
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

dude, even new cars get flat tires... there is nothing perfect in this world and these bikes we ride do break down.... just because its new doesnt mean it wont have a minor issue that needs to be quickly fixed, getting pissed and wanting someones head isnt a good idea... if you turn things around and put the shoe on the other foot, how would you deal with someone that wants your head?.. consider it the same the type of thing when you go into the dealer

Quick Reply: Why I hate stealerships