General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Throttle tube with bigger cam/less twist = more go..

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 01:31 AM
whitey78
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Throttle tube with bigger cam/less twist = more go..

I feel pretty stupid for starting a thread over this but I can't exactly find what I'm looking for and I'll probably take some kind of do-gooder ***** for it... But I spend a lot of time riding my bike hard, and the amount of twist it requires with stock rubber grips (not a fan of metal grips or ones with flames on them or anything like that, not that it's a bad thing if that's what your into, it's just not me... I am a function before looks kinda biker (if I dare call mysel that) )that is gonna make my 03 fxdwg handle, stop and be as well performing in all areas before anything for looks is really considered like paint or anything (except my black Roland sands 16" apes)...

But I am desperately either mentally handicapped, or looking for something that doesn't exist... A grip/throttle tube for an 03 dyna wg that has a larger/smaller cam gear where the cables hook up so the throw from idle to wot is less actual wrist twisting... I don't know why I feel the need to ride like I do sometimes but it just happens... Honestly the stock black rubber grips are about as fancy as I want, I wish they were bigger, I got "the monkey hands" but the actual twisting action seems to be a lot.. If there's any ways of decreasing the overall distance the grip has to go on a stock cv carb/stock throttle housing from close to wot... I'd appreciate it..

On a side note... Anyone else think the same about their 03's?

I honestly can not believe how fast this supposedly stock motor, 03 fxdwg with v&h slip ons, a stage 1 air cleaner, and some mild carb work by me and that is nothing spectacular, all internet/night rider/my mods (with balance, not all that drilling of the slide).. that still get me good mileage..

Old 07-22-2014, 06:47 AM
Screamin Willie
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like maybe you are looking for a quarter turn throttle as used in the racing circles.

Willie

Old 07-24-2014, 10:13 AM
whitey78
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you willie... I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was called... I tried every combination of short /throw/travel/twist throttle tube and the 1/4 turns never came up but found a whole lot once you filled in the blank, much appreciated...