Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Question about Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 04:34 PM
Door90
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Tuners

I have a 2010 Road Glide Custom. I have the stage 1 K&N air cleaner and am looking to replace my 2 into 1 from the head back to remove the cat. I am looking at getting the Cobra Speedster duels. My question is what tuners do people like and work well for the DIYer? I have not heard great things about the HD SE Performace turner. Have heard good things about Rivco Powermaster EFI module. Just wanted some options.

Thanks

Old 03-05-2015, 12:04 AM
jadyer
Advanced

I'm with you. Need a tuner for my 07 road king.

Old 03-05-2015, 07:47 AM
paid4c4
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

First, welcome to the forum. If you'll check the threads I've started you'll see I ask about the same question and got a lot of good responses. I had never heard of or read about Rivco Powermaster until you mentioned it. I went on line and read about it and it sounds like it is an entry level tuner which will work. You'll read all kinds of recommendations all of which work for the people offering them. I've decided to go with DynoJet Power Vision from Fuel Moto. I've decided I don't want a tuner which is in line with the ecm. Just seems like something which could fail and cause problems. This leaves me with the option to flash the ecm with a new tune. From what I've been reading Fuel Moto offers the best support and knowledge about tuning and tuners. I also like the fact they comment on the forum and provide useful information. I'm going to be using a de-catted head pipe, K&N Filter, 4inch Rinehart slip ons. My thoughts are to get everything installed and go for a test ride. Then I'm going to install the tune provided by FM and ride and see how everything works. I'll use the auto tune feature to finish the process. If I'm happy with it all I'm done. I haven't ruled out a trip to a local dyno just to see how things are working and to see if there is any additional performance to be had. Which ever way you go good luck and post your results.
Bill

Old 03-05-2015, 12:07 PM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

I am going to agree with Paid above on the Power Vision. Devin and Kevin(DK) use the Power Vision and they are very happy with it!

One of the many good things about the Power Vision is, it is delivered to you with a Custom Map, for Your Bike, already installed in it. You can plug it in, load the new tune into your bike, unplug it, and be riding with the New Tune in 5 minutes.

You can see more information on the Power Vision at the link below.
http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/Dyno...PV-CMP-PKG.htm

Also, here is a Overview of EFI options.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/ignit...uning-etc.html

Hope this helps you out
Kelsey

Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/DKCustom/Links/Sig1-8-14_zps9d8aff35.jpg

Last edited by DK Custom - ST; 03-05-2015 at 03:28 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:15 PM
Insulatorman17
Intermediate

I have an 05 Ultra that I put camplate upgrade and Andrews21 cams in this Jan. I also installed the fulsac duel conversion kit on. I already had Vance and Hines dresser slip-ons and a V02 aircleaner with afuel pac. After reading through the forums here I am really leaning towards the power vision. My questions are after flashing the ECM with a new tune will the ECM still be able to compensate for temp and altitude?

Old 03-05-2015, 03:30 PM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Insulatorman17
I have an 05 Ultra that I put camplate upgrade and Andrews21 cams in this Jan. I also installed the fulsac duel conversion kit on. I already had Vance and Hines dresser slip-ons and a V02 aircleaner with afuel pac. After reading through the forums here I am really leaning towards the power vision. My questions are after flashing the ECM with a new tune will the ECM still be able to compensate for temp and altitude?
Hey Insulatorman, after flashing the ECM with a tune from the Power Vision, all the features of the ECM will still work as designed, including the ability to compensate for temp & altitude. Hope this helps you out

Kelsey

Old 03-05-2015, 07:31 PM
Door90
1st Gear

Thanks for all the tips and I will post once I'm done with all of the install and tune.