Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS + Mods...First Start??

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 11:20 PM
galaxyfe
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default TTS + Mods...First Start??

So I'm installing cams (SE 204's), exhaust (Bassani Pro Street) and SE Heavy Breather all at th same time. Have a TTS tuner and headed to C&S for a custom map right after. However, I would like to crank it up and make sure everything is good to go before trailering to the dyno. Any recommendations? Download a generic map and install it on the tuner? Fire it up with the completely bone stock ECU? Any tips or recommendations? No plan to ride at all.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:27 PM
ntraindavefl
Road Warrior
Received 333 Likes on 234 Posts

Starting up not a problem w stock ecm. The tuner will load a close to your mods map and fine tune from that point, all good.

Old 05-23-2015, 07:41 PM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by galaxyfe
So I'm installing cams (SE 204's), exhaust (Bassani Pro Street) and SE Heavy Breather all at th same time. Have a TTS tuner and headed to C&S for a custom map right after. However, I would like to crank it up and make sure everything is good to go before trailering to the dyno. Any recommendations? Download a generic map and install it on the tuner? Fire it up with the completely bone stock ECU? Any tips or recommendations? No plan to ride at all.
Save a copy of your stock ECM map on a thumb drive and put that aside.

Load a TTS map that's close to your new mod setup per the TTS guide.

Start the bike and let it idle to warm up.

Run the cam analyzer per the TTS guide and make any necessary cam selection number change for the IVO.

Save the new map and reload to bike.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:37 AM
galaxyfe
Tourer

I'll have to read up on all that Pine Tree. Thanks for the help. But is that necessary since it's going straight to the dyno?

What's the cam analyzer?

Old 05-24-2015, 08:58 AM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by galaxyfe
I'll have to read up on all that Pine Tree. Thanks for the help. But is that necessary since it's going straight to the dyno?

What's the cam analyzer?
As I read your post, you seem to suggest you'd like to start the bike after doing the mods but before heading to the dyno guy. If you're not going to start the bike (except loading it maybe) then don't bother with loading a map. But it's still important that you get a copy of your stock map.

TTS suggests running the cam tool before any other tables are modified. And in some cases, the stock ECM map can produce very poor results when cams are changed out.

The cam analyzer is one of the programs used by TTS. Again, read the guide for some good info on how the analyzer works. I can't do the guide justice...

Old 05-24-2015, 08:29 PM
galaxyfe
Tourer

Correct! I just want to fire it up to make sure I got all the pieces and parts back together good...and obviously checking out the sound of the new pipes!!!! No intention of riding around or ripping it up prior to dyno/map.

So safe to assume the guide and all the info I can stand to read is included on the disc that came in the box?

I know my dyno guy will save a copy of the stock map. But yea, the intent of my thread was to see if it's fairly safe to crank it up with no tuner or at least try to download a generic map that close.

Old 05-28-2015, 12:14 AM
Lonewolf176
Road Warrior
Received 271 Likes on 170 Posts

It's safe. Just let Jason do his thing and you will be golden.