Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Start switch won't work

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 06:39 AM
flyboy5584
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Start switch won't work

Help!!

I recently installed a set of mini apes on my 06 SG. I added the 12" wire extensions after I ran the wires thru the bars. Now that they are installed, everything works as advertised from the right hand controls with the exception of the start switch actually initiating the starter. No solenoid clicking, no nothing. The turn signal works, all radio controls work and the Off/Run switch appears to work.

When attaching the negative cable back to the battery after the install was complete, there was a small spark. Due to the spark, I have looked at all fuses, including the Maxi fuse, actually replaced the ign and start 15amp, swapped the 2 relays under the seat (not sure which one is the starter relay, but both are the same), and checked the resistance on the start wire thru the bars. The start switch and Off/Run switch were working before I started the install and assume they are still working now.

Before I go thru the trouble of pulling the bars to remove the wire bundle in order to run each individual wire, is there anything else I am missing? Is there a hidden Circuit Breaker or another fuse not in the fuse block I am unaware of? Should I think of the coincidental failure of the start switch?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jerry