Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Possible TPS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 08:48 AM
Moochoff
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible TPS?

Hey guys, first year with fuel injected harley-

That being said I think my TPS has started to act up. It feels like it lost its zero reference.

When sprung into zero it idles high, but can be idled down when the throttle is twisted forward (so I don't suspect iac or o2 sensor). It also has some popping when decelerating since I bought it this spring.

Any suggestions?

I've tried twisting from -10 to full throttle when off, key on, and riding down road. Started and stopped 3-4 times since it started.

Thanks Guys

Jake

Old 07-11-2014, 10:06 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Originally Posted by Moochoff
Hey guys, first year with fuel injected harley-

That being said I think my TPS has started to act up. It feels like it lost its zero reference.

When sprung into zero it idles high, but can be idled down when the throttle is twisted forward (so I don't suspect iac or o2 sensor). It also has some popping when decelerating since I bought it this spring.

Any suggestions?

I've tried twisting from -10 to full throttle when off, key on, and riding down road. Started and stopped 3-4 times since it started.

Thanks Guys

Jake
To reset the high idle..

Warm up bike. Shut it down. With Run switch in RUN position turn on the console switch. Count to 10. Turn console switch off.

Repeat that three times.

The TPS will relearn idle.

Always turn off the bike at the console switch then run switch to prevent bumping the throttle at shut down which causes high idle issues.

Your popping is probably a different issue. If your idle doesn't reset after the above then the two are related and you need to speak with a tech.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:12 PM
Moochoff
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Idles back down after warm up now, thanks wiz

Jake