Sponsored by:

cell, intercom, and cb

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 11:55 AM
RobN
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cell, intercom, and cb

I'm having a problem that I hope with your guys help I can solve without going to the dealer.

2015 Ultra Limited.
When I make a call on a cell phone via bluetooth there is a background hissing noise. This same hissing noise I hear when trying to use the intercom or cb.

With the CB not only is the hissing noise present when transmitting I'm told that I sound very quite and that the hiss transmits as well. I tried four different headsets harley and 3 party both passenger and main ports.
When testing the other two limiteds I was with could transmit and receive normal.

Any Ideas?

Old 04-02-2015, 11:58 AM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 276 Likes on 205 Posts

From what I've read here, the hissing on Bluetooth is common. As far as the CB, I've never had the opportunity to transmit on mine so I don't even know if it works. I've also learned that the antenna is not tuned to the CB very well and that has a lot to do with it.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:08 PM
Tripleshot
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RobN
I'm having a problem that I hope with your guys help I can solve without going to the dealer.

2015 Ultra Limited.
When I make a call on a cell phone via bluetooth there is a background hissing noise. This same hissing noise I hear when trying to use the intercom or cb.

With the CB not only is the hissing noise present when transmitting I'm told that I sound very quite and that the hiss transmits as well. I tried four different headsets harley and 3 party both passenger and main ports.
When testing the other two limiteds I was with could transmit and receive normal.

Any Ideas?

I had the same problem yesterday when I tried a cell call from my limited. I thought it might be my phone is a Samsung. I need to get an answer on this too,so bump for additional help.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:16 PM
rwven
Road Master
Received 232 Likes on 177 Posts

I only use my phone plugged in and it's clear as a bell. I don't know if that's another data point for the problem being the bluetooth, but it's all I have to offer.

The CB on mine works great BTW, and it's really nice to have the squelch control right there on the hat switch. I do about 6-7 group rides a season and we use the CBs a lot.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:25 PM
Dinger
Road Master

Are you using the headset? Is your bike on? Are you riding when using communications.

I hear it when using voice commands and making calls. I figure it's feedback from the system as the mic is open.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:29 PM
RobN
Stage III

Originally Posted by Dinger
Are you using the headset? Is your bike on? Are you riding when using communications.

I hear it when using voice commands and making calls. I figure it's feedback from the system as the mic is open.
I have tried about 4 headsets, same with the bike on or in accessory mode, no change if riding. and like I said it on all com platforms. intercom cb and cell.
I'm sure this is a real problem as the other two bikes are clear as a bell.

Last edited by RobN; 04-02-2015 at 01:30 PM. Reason: added info
Old 04-02-2015, 03:48 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

If you've tried 4 different headsets on your bike, and have tried the same headsets on other bikes with no issues, you know the answer.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:11 PM
RonaldNC
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
If you've tried 4 different headsets on your bike, and have tried the same headsets on other bikes with no issues, you know the answer.
Yep... sounds like you need to take to the dealer and get the bike fixed. I don't use the phone on the bike (I need at least one place nobody can call me!!!), but the CB and intercom are pretty darn clear.