Primary/Transmission/Driveline/Clutch Find answers to general powertrain, primary and transmission. Have clutch issues and need suggestions? Post them here.

Converting Fat Bob to mid-mount controls

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 05:54 PM
TexasWheelman
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converting Fat Bob to mid-mount controls

I'm looking for info on converting a Fat Bob to mid-mounted controls, specifically the shift linkage. I noticed on other Dynas with mids that the rod goes through the side of the primary cover, and want to know if that's a diffcult swap on a forward-control bike, or just a matter of swapping the primary cover. All info will be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:13 PM
Cynic
Road Captain
Default RE: Converting Fat Bob to mid-mount controls

Get a hold of a parts book for the 08 Dyna's. It will list everything thats the same or different across the Dyna line by part# and illustration. I just go down to the dealer and ask to look at the parts book, then when I find the pages I want, I ask them to run me off copies. Most parts guys know the average person can't buy a book for every idea he gets, so it's not a problem. If they play stupid, just say how the hay am I suppose to buy something without knowing what I need first. I like the mid-controls idea for it too.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:42 PM
fubarthefearless
Advanced

Tex,
I was just at a local dealership today and they had two Fat Bob's there. One with fwd and one with mid- controls. The manager said they could be ordered either way. So, I would think getting a hold ofthe other primary cover (with the hole) should not be a problem.

good luck.

Semper Gumby

Old 10-03-2007, 04:05 PM
TexasWheelman
2nd Gear

Thanks for the info guys. That's awesome to know that it can be ordered new with mid-mounts, I'll have to do my search for that, then. If I end up finding a good deal on one with forwards, I'll know I can switch it easily with stock parts. Awesome.