Rush Racing Products Performance V-Twin Exhaust — Providing the industry's most complete line of slip-on mufflers.

Help! Identifying Rush slip ons?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 10:30 PM
jst73
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Identifying Rush slip ons?

I purchased my 2012 RKC last year from a dealer and part of the deal was that they cut out the cat in the head pipe. Definitely cooled things down on the right side. It already had a stage 1 air cleaner and was reprogrammed by the dealer for stage 1. Also had after market slip on mufflers.
I've wondered about the mufflers the bike came with and love the deep exhaust note. I think they are Rush mufflers from the look of the round mounting points. However I can't find any markings on the mufflers whatsoever. Are there any distinctive markings that would assure me that what I have on my bike are Rush mufflers? I believe they are the Big Louie's but can't be certain. Are your pipes measured from inside or outside diameters?
The reason I ask is that since removing the cat I have deceleration pop when I put some throttle to it and change gears. Reading through some of the previous posts, it seems that 2 inch baffles are the way to go when the cat is removed. I measured the baffles today and they seem to be 2 1/2". Could this be the reason for the deceleration pop?
Wish I could post pics but being a new member, I don't know how to post them yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-19-2014, 04:48 PM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The 2.5" can be used with open head pipes but most people prefer the 2.00". The 2.50" is also more difficult to tune. You can check to see if they're Rush by sending pictures of the muffler and baffle from the outlet side to sales@rushracingproducts.com. We don't put the baffle size on the muffler shell since they can be changed. At the inlet, usually under the muffler clamp if installed already, will be the part number. Examples would be 32001, 32002, or 32005. That would indicate it's definitely Rush Big Louie's.

With either baffle size tuning will most likely be required to eliminate the decel pop.
Ryan

Old 05-19-2014, 08:09 PM
jst73
Novice

Thanks for the reply Ryan. I looked under the muffler clamp and sure enough, it was there. 32005. I also sent some pics to the email address you provided.
Do you recommend buying baffles straight from Rush or a can I get those from a local dealer?

Old 05-20-2014, 08:36 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's a Big Louie tip compatible. The 2.00" baffle part number is 322012 and we recommend purchasing from your local dealer.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:23 PM
jst73
Novice

Got my 2" baffles installed and have been riding them for about a month. They're a little quieter (which doesn't make much difference to me) and the increase in low end torque is very noticeable. Also installed a tuner and an aftermarket header pipe. Next week, cams. Still getting some minor decal pop when cold but will work on getting that taken care of with the tuner. I've read that proper back pressure will make it easier to dial in a tune.

Just for clarification, I installed the baffles alone (at first) without the tuner and header pipe, then took my bike for a ride. I noticed the increase low end torque immediately. Best low cost performance upgrade I've invested in so far.

Thank you for the help Rush!

Lovin' the Big Louies!

-JT