Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for V&H Fuelpak setting '05 w/Rush slip-ons 2" baffles and SE High Flow A/C Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 07:08 AM
commander112
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Looking for V&H Fuelpak setting '05 w/Rush slip-ons 2" baffles and SE High Flow A/C Anyone?

V&H does not have settings listed for an '05 Softail with stock ECU, 2" Rush Slip-ons, High Flow A/C. V&H's web site only lists 2007' with Rush pipes. I guess I can call them on Monday but if I can do it today I'd like to.

Thanks,

Mark

Old 07-07-2007, 07:20 AM
eravo
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Looking for V&H Fuelpak setting '05 w/Rush slip-ons 2" baffles and SE High Flow A/C Anyone?

If you bought the FuelPak new just take it back and buy something else. If your looking for help from V&H you will get it but if you run into problems such as decel popping you will be left out in the cold. The FuelPak is a HACK just like V&H's customer service. Do yourself a favor and read some of the threads on this subject.

Good Luck...

Old 07-07-2007, 07:42 AM
commander112
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Looking for V&H Fuelpak setting '05 w/Rush slip-ons 2" baffles and SE High Flow A/C Anyone?

Not purchased yet. Thanks for the info. I do need to get something thoughas my bike now has the SE air cleaner kit and I'm sure it is running lean.

Mark

Old 07-07-2007, 08:03 AM
Tony Smith
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: eravo

If you bought the FuelPak new just take it back and buy something else. If your looking for help from V&H you will get it but if you run into problems such as decel popping you will be left out in the cold. The FuelPak is a HACK just like V&H's customer service. Do yourself a favor and read some of the threads on this subject.

Good Luck...
Yeah,I called them thursday for help with a fuel-pak setting and was lucky enough to talk to Mr."I really do'nt have time to mess you right now".They gave me a setting to try,which I believe was to just get me off of the phone,but it did'nt work very well.I said fug-it and just tried another setting for the hell of it,which turned out ok.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:03 AM
Figstr
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: eravo

Good Luck...
Why do you say the FuelPak is a HACK? I have one but am not familiar with it. I had a PowerCommander on my last bike, a Yamaha Warrior. Even with "close" map to my setup I got some popping. I don't with the FuelPak. I've read some good and not so good things about the FuelPak, mostly the decel pop. The reason I ask about it is because I'm wondering if perhaps I should have gone with the pC again.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:11 AM
Tony Smith
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe most people who have the fuel-pak are a lil upset with V&H because they will not share any info on what each setting is for.If they'd turn loose of a lil info,it would really help some guys to fine tune thier bikes for some of the minor issues the have,such as the decell popping.Kinda makes you fell like they got you by the short hairs after spending 250-300 dollars.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:15 AM
eravo
Cruiser

The FuelPak really is not a Hack... It's the people at V&H. If they want to keep there settings a secret thats fine but then they should give us a range of settings for certain modes so we could resolve our problems. Instead the HACKS at V&H ingnore your e-mails so you will go away. So I say with this kind of HACK service no one should buy their product (FuelPak). Their pipes are great... I like the sound, the looks, but as I have said in my e-mails to V&H "Customers are like teeth if you ingnore them, they will go away" and I might add no response from them what so ever... So i'm going away and I hope everyone else will.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:18 AM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member

I have the fuel pak and get the decell popping. It doesn't bother me that much. I will get through it for the summer. It saved me a lot of money so I could go with the nice pipes. Maybe this winter I will get the Race Tuner. The PCIII gets a bad rapo like the Fuel Pak here