Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H short shots... Need Fuel Management System?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 07:59 PM
PoconoJack
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&H short shots... Need Fuel Management System?

I have an fuel injected 03 Nightrain with Stage 1 download, K&N high flow air filter and slip ons now.

Can I just swap out to V&H Short shots or do I also need the fuel pack from V&H too?

Sorry for the stupid question and thanks in advance,

Jack

Old 02-13-2008, 08:03 PM
benman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: V&H short shots... Need Fuel Management System?

Probably need to adjust tune, but several options open other than download.
I like tuners that allow low speed manual input to obtain that really nice DQ sound.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:17 PM
DCS
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: V&H short shots... Need Fuel Management System?

I have heard from other riders & from some tech people at the HD dealerships that the download is realy not enough of a fix, ecspecialy for a new full exhaust system. (Could just be their way of selling a SE Race Tuner) My Uncle rides a Road King with a set of slip ons on it with the SE Air Kit & the download & he still gets some pop on decel & when shifting. Do you have any issues like this now with your current set up? If so I would believe itmightget worse with the new full exhaust system. There are some manufactors of fuel management systems that come with a caned value you can put into the system depending on your motor size, air kit, & exhaust style. There are other units that require a dyno tune to get max performance and a dyno could be done with the units that come with the caned values as well to make sure everything is dead on.

I guess you could try & see at first with just the download & new pipes but if it pops alot on decel or when shifting I would get a fuel management system as soon as possible to avoid any damage to theengine due to being to lean.

Later,
Dan