Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Boy seat swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 08:01 AM
07 Fatty
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fat Boy seat swap

The seat on my 07 Fatboy sux. I would like to know what I need to do toget a Heritage seat to fit on it. Just wondering if the rear fender being wider will make a difference in the fit or not?

Thanks all

Old 03-03-2008, 10:07 PM
07 Fatty
Intermediate
Default RE: Fat Boy seat swap

Sorry about the rude comments.......

Old 03-04-2008, 08:11 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

maybe no one knows the answer.... or maybe no one cares about your "problem"....

Old 03-04-2008, 09:33 AM
poonjahb
Advanced

Maybe you should give people more than a day to respond before you start with the attitude and telling everyone to "suck it."

I have a feeling that even if anyone does know the answer to your question you're probably not going to get too much help now.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:25 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only thing I can suggest is go to Harleys parts book or web site and see if the seat says it will fit. Or call the dealership parts dept. They should be able to tell you. The reason you're getting so few replys, besides being rude, is very few riders swap standard seats. Most replace them with and upgraded seat. I've found the stock seats on all the bikes are poor. HD wants you to spend money for the seat they should've put on in the 1st place.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:38 AM
07 Fatty
Intermediate

I want to apologize for my rude comments that I posted last night after a few drinks and some heated discussions with my girl. I am sure that there are plenty of fine people on here that don't deserve the attitude I was throwing around. So if anyone can help me with my small problem I would greatly appreciate it.

Again, I am sorry that I showed my ***.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:08 PM
kato1964
Road Warrior

I missed the rant, so no harm, no foul here. I have an '04 FB, and swapped my stock seat for a Heritage seat. Aside from liking the look more, it fit my big azz better. I did make one modification to the stock Heritage seat; I pulled off the cover, cut out some of the center sponge, and inserted a gel pad. A friend tired my bike last summer (we were swapping...he has the Triumph Rocket III) and he told me that it was the most comfortable seat he'd even been on. (and he's been riding 20+ like I have...) However I'm not positive if the seats on the '07 FB and Heritage are interchangeable. Barjbar had it right; call your local HD dealership. They should be able to give you the straight skinny. Hope this helps.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:41 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

do you have a buddy that has a Heritage? it's an easy swap.... I tried the stock seat from a buddy's '07 Standard - and liked the looks much better than the stock FatBoy seat. I sent the Standard seat to MCC for an overhaul. I had them move me down and back about 2 inches, plus putin memory foam. I haven't ridden more than 50 miles since getting the seat back (thanks to the weather), so I can't say what it's like. since I took his seat, we swapped backrests also. he's got the WIDE one and mine is now the width of the narrower seat.

I think I'm gonna do the Fatty seat myself - just doesn't look that hard. plus, if I screw it up, no lose!

oh - thanks for manning up......