Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Pak and Crossbones....

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 04:28 PM
White Guy
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Fuel Pak and Crossbones....

Have the bike into the OC Dealer, getting dyno'd and they wanted to talk to Vance and Hines to make some changes, but V and H never called them back. So, I called, the guy was really cool. Basically said, no need for us to call them because we don't give the info on what the cells do, and that if there are no running issues, there's no need to change anything... Ok? So, basically, the two hours to have the bike dyno'd was a waste, cause I thought it was running great. Just wanted peice of mind. The dealer is so against the Fuel Pak, that I'm hoping they will give me honest info on how the bike is running.

Anyway... Here's the important part that will affect you if you're a crossbones owner. Vance and Hines said they don't make a fuel pak for the crossbones. Said it doesn't fit. Well, I found that one out, but made it work. Said it should work fine since it's simply a softail with the same motor.

If you own a Crossbones, don't get the fuel pak.Sure, I got it for $207 shipped no tax, and then another $95 per hour X2... So $400 into the mod, and I've had to cut the whole underneath of my wonderful plastic battery cover. Not worth it to me. I would go with the program if I had to do it again for sure. Hell, I may send it back to who I got it from and just have em do it.

I'd so love the SERT, but at $495 for the thing and 4 hours of labor... yeah, they said 4 hours... it'd be about $900... um.. crazy..

Learn from my mistake, and stay away from the fuel pak. Sucks being the new guys sometimes... lol....

Thanks to all who warned me. You were right!

WG

Old 03-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Sarge4life
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Pak and Crossbones....

Thanks for the heads up. I find it very frustrating when dealing with the stealer somtimes. It's so hard to believe what they say anymore with their loyalty and bias towards H-D parts and accessories, but I would just appreciate some honesty. Don't tell me something won't work right just because it's not H-D. And don't tell me something will work better just because it is H-D.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:09 PM
jamesf0622
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The funny thing about this is, my dealer recommends the fuel-pak!

Old 03-08-2008, 12:22 AM
White Guy
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Ok..... Picked the bike up today. They had it on the dyno, and the numbers were not looking good. They tried to call Vance and Hines to see if there were adjustments that can be made, but they don't really do that. So, they could have di%ked around with it for a couple hours, trying to get it acceptable, so I just said the F with it, put in the download. The standard, not SERT. Took about 15 mins. Only charged me for .5 hours of dyno, (was gonna be 2 to mess with the fuel pak) and the $150 for the download. I thought the bike ran great and sounded great with the fuel pak. It's a totally different bike now. It has no popping, which was minimal before, and expected, but none now. It's much quieter. It must have been really lean before, and breathing fire. It sounded good, but this is right. I HIGHLY encourage the install over anything accept the sert. If you're gonna go basic like me, stage one, if you're gonna tinker, SERT... Just my 2 cents...

WG

So, anyone want a Fuel Pak for $150 shipped?

Old 03-08-2008, 12:44 AM
flash1034
Tourer
Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts

Power Commander3 USB

Old 03-11-2008, 01:53 PM
MICHALISLARNACA
Cruiser

My dear Friend. FuelPak is a MUST. the engine runs much colder. Check it. I have in on my 2007 fatboy and it showed a a drop of temp by 20' and on the dyno it put out 15HP more

Old 03-11-2008, 02:04 PM
cspcrx
Tourer

You had it dynoed after the Download was that just to see what the numbers were? How did the numbers compare to the fuel paks numbers?

Old 03-11-2008, 09:17 PM
ratatude
Cruiser

Crap... I just ordered my Black Short Shots, Fuel Pak and Series one AC from the Stealer today ....

ORIGINAL: White Guy

Ok..... Picked the bike up today. They had it on the dyno, and the numbers were not looking good. They tried to call Vance and Hines to see if there were adjustments that can be made, but they don't really do that. So, they could have di%ked around with it for a couple hours, trying to get it acceptable, so I just said the F with it, put in the download. The standard, not SERT. Took about 15 mins. Only charged me for .5 hours of dyno, (was gonna be 2 to mess with the fuel pak) and the $150 for the download. I thought the bike ran great and sounded great with the fuel pak. It's a totally different bike now. It has no popping, which was minimal before, and expected, but none now. It's much quieter. It must have been really lean before, and breathing fire. It sounded good, but this is right. I HIGHLY encourage the install over anything accept the sert. If you're gonna go basic like me, stage one, if you're gonna tinker, SERT... Just my 2 cents...

WG

So, anyone want a Fuel Pak for $150 shipped?