Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulley Teeth ????

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 12:34 AM
chromedome
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulley Teeth ????

So the stock 08 Deluxe Pulley is a 1" x 66 tooth. KCINT has pulley's that are 65 teeth. Is this a fit or is the one tooth difference a problem

Old 08-24-2008, 12:50 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

all else being equal, you'll just lower your gear ratios a tad.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:57 AM
hardpill
Cruiser

It'll raise your final drive ratio slightly, probably won't even be noticeable except to the police radar when your cruising.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:11 AM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the 08's axle adjusters are like the 07's where you only have about a quarter of an inch to let out... it may not work. I didn't try this but if you look at the width of one of those teeth and how much adjustment you have left you might be able to make a determination there. The 07's are adjusted out pretty far already.

All you can do is try or get a shorter belt.

Are these DNA pulley's from KCInt? If so. DNA does make a 66th pulley. Now whether i works on an 08 or not I don't know. It does work on an 07.

Last edited by lionsqrne; 08-24-2008 at 07:14 AM.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:24 PM
chromedome
Road Master

Originally Posted by lionsqrne
If the 08's axle adjusters are like the 07's where you only have about a quarter of an inch to let out... it may not work. I didn't try this but if you look at the width of one of those teeth and how much adjustment you have left you might be able to make a determination there. The 07's are adjusted out pretty far already.

All you can do is try or get a shorter belt.

Are these DNA pulley's from KCInt? If so. DNA does make a 66th pulley. Now whether i works on an 08 or not I don't know. It does work on an 07.
Thanks all. Been looking at DNA and KCINT. Neither site mentions a 66th pulley. I'll have to give DNA a call.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:53 PM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by chromedome
Thanks all. Been looking at DNA and KCINT. Neither site mentions a 66th pulley. I'll have to give DNA a call.
I know they have a 66th.... because I am running one on my 07 Heritage. If there is no change in the hubset and the 08's are the same as the 07's in the rear end then you will also need a .200 spacer. Now DNA says they don't have a .200 spacer. Dennis Kirkland has them for 8 dollars. Dennis Kirkland says they won't work with 07 and above. The website only goes up to 06'.

The rear hubset hasn't changed up to 07 from like 02 or something like that. Check with your dealer and have him look up the part number for a hubset for your bike... compare it to previous years. If the pn is different... then they have changed it for 08. This was for my Heritage. You didn't say what kind of bike you have so you will need to do some research for yours.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:05 PM
chromedome
Road Master

Well DNA does have some pulleys in the 66th just not the mesh laced that I need. Think I might change gears here and get new wheels and go super spoke rotors and pulley (that they have in 66th)

Old 08-26-2008, 09:54 AM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by chromedome
Well DNA does have some pulleys in the 66th just not the mesh laced that I need. Think I might change gears here and get new wheels and go super spoke rotors and pulley (that they have in 66th)
I have the superspokes. I will warn you. Dealing with DNA will not be easy unless they have changed their ways. My order took almost 3 months to get. Alot of calling up dna and chewing. I had actually cancelled my order and was hounding them to get my money back. I went to their website and left a nice long nasty feedback note to the customer service. Then... I got a phone call from them that day all very apologetic and they shipped my goods that day. I had them in two days. Just beware. They really are a low class outfit with no customer service or no technical advice or help for you. I had to have a wrench friend of mine pull my wheel and get a measurement for the spacer as that's not in my know how. He got the exact measurement and then I went shopping for one. If you know someone who recently bought a wide tire kit alot of places will ship different size spacers with the kit. I found out to late that a friend of mine had a .200 spacer from his. He had recently converted a dyna to a 240 rear. After I got the spacer I pulled the wheel again and put on the rotor and the pulley in the rear. Very easy to do. Just make sure you mark your axle adjusters and then check the slack according to the manual after you remount everything.

The quality on the other hand seems to be very good. I don't have any complaints so far.

I mounted the superspokes on my stock wheels and they look really good. They contrast the stock wheels really nice. I also ordered these though because I know that when the money permits... I will be getting radial laced wheels. Fat Daddy's... or whatever they are called. I originally was gonna look at dna's 52 mammoth spoke... but after the trouble I had with them on the pulley and rotors I am thinking against it.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:11 PM
zss42002
Advanced

I just got a cross mesh pulley from mototeks which gets from dna. They sent me a 1" 66 tooth pulley but doesn't fit my 07 night train. After telling them I needed 20mm. they say they can't get it. can anyone or does anyone know of were I can get a 66 tooth 20mm mesh pulley from??