Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heritage softail exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 08:38 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts
Default heritage softail exhaust

I've been looking for a good exhaust system for my '09 FLSTC. I'm leaning towards the Cobra Speedster Long, or at least a similar looking system. I want something with a good "Harley" sound, but that wont wake the neighbors (ie. drag pipes). Has anyone tried the Cobras or something similar? Also I've heard that some Cobras tend to discolor; any truth to that? And if anyone knows a good site to get them online at a good price, I'd appriciate that too. Thanks all!!

Old 01-19-2010, 08:44 PM
Sagexpman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a buddy that has the cobra's and they are pretty loud, great sound but loud IMHO. I'm running Rineharts on my heritage and love the sound and lookl. Good luck with your choice.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Bowtieman31
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know anything about the Cobra's. I've used the V&H ProPipe on my last two Heritages. They are a great pipe, sound good and build lots of low-end torque. I ran a ThunderHeader on my Dyna Low Rider and it was way too loud for me.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:55 AM
Gman in NC
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you like the 'longshot' style I think most are running V&H. I'm using Rush slip-ons and like them a lot. A good selection of baffles too.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:06 AM
BIG Y 2014
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im running VH big shot longs on my 08 heritage look and sound great did have the cobras on a softail custom and they had nice sound too

Attached Thumbnails heritage softail exhaust-100_0703.jpg   heritage softail exhaust-100_0512.jpg  
Old 01-20-2010, 06:25 AM
harlanrider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have the V&H true duels on my 09 Deluxe. Love the look and sound.

Attached Thumbnails heritage softail exhaust-deluxe.jpg  
Old 01-20-2010, 06:33 AM
firecwp
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cobra's are great. They look great, sound great and have a crossover to help on the torque issue other drag pipes have. Rush also makes a drag pipe now. These would also be at the top of my list. V&H bigshot longs would be a safe bet if you don't mind having the same thing everyone else does. The bluing issue is a tuning problem. Cobras are very well made and you shouldn't have any issues. I had Rush on my '07 heritage, but now I have Samson baffled longtails. Let us know what you decide. Good luck

Old 01-20-2010, 06:30 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts

Thanks for all the help. I'm starting to lean towards the v&h bs because I've heard that the cobras are maybe a little loader than I'm looking for. Does anyone know where to get the best price on either of them? I've been on ebay and a few other sites and the price seems to vary a lot... let me know... thanks.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:51 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

Cobra HP 2n1, no discoloration. Know others with Cobras, no problems either and Cobra does have a lifetime chrome warranty. Great price from Jake Wilson in Utah for $415 shipped last fall. Dont know how much the 2n2's are. Also, Jake Wilson is a HD Forum sponsor.

Had VH bss prior to the Cobras. The Cobras are a nice pipe and I am very happy with the fit and finish, sound, performance... But, the VH quality is better.

Old 01-21-2010, 04:41 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 817 Likes on 803 Posts

Only heard one set, IMHO they are different than the V&H's, not on the better side either..
Son thought about getting some, but not after we heard them...He went with BSL's. this time, had BR's2-2 before.
All of the above are on the loud side at idle, and louder when accelerating.

Quick Reply: heritage softail exhaust