Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question For X-Bones Owners w/Beach Bars

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Question For X-Bones Owners w/Beach Bars

Hey Gang,

I have a question for any of you who own a Crossbones and have switched the stock mini apes for beach bars.

For those who went with the narrow Crossbones beach bars: Did you change out your brake line, throttle/idle cables and clutch cable? If so, can you tell me how much shorter were the brake line and clutch cable that you switched to compared to the stock cables.

For those that went with the H-D Wide Chrome Beach Bars: Can you post pics of how you routed your cables? I'm good on the wiring. I am interested in seeing how you dealt with the brake line and clutch cable.

I am in the process of installing the H-D Wide Chrome bars on my Bones. According to the catalog, all my stock Crossbones stuff should work except for the turn signal wiring and mounts (which is not an issue since I am mounting my sigs to the forks). The throttle and idle cables worked just fine. So did the control wires (internal). However and have a feeling that my clutch and brake lines are a bit too long for these bars even though the book says I don't need to change them. I managed to route my brake line in a manner that works and doesn't look too bad but I think it would look much better if it didn't have slack. The clutch cable is a bit more of a challenge. I think I can make it work but again, I think it would be much better if it were a bit shorter. If any of you guys that went with the narrow bars could give me an actual comparison between the length of the stock clutch and brake line and the shorter ones you used I would really appreciate it.

Thanks guys!

Skeez

Old 08-12-2012, 08:49 AM
Vic Bronco
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put Wild1 dresser bars on and didn't change any of the cables. I would think yours should fit without any problems, but if they are significantly wider than mine it may be close.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:19 PM
Ole Coyote
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Beach bars

I put 37 1/2" bars on mine and had no problems. All cables fit perfect.