Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Australian compliance HD FXCWC Rocker C alarm problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 01:39 AM
Aussiehoon
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Australian compliance HD FXCWC Rocker C alarm problem

Got an Australian compliance HD FXCWC Rocker C year 09 and had on trickle charge went to start bike and no go not even turn over alarm went off looked like bike battery was dead so left it a few days still no go alarm goes off . Fitted anew battery and no go alarm goes off. Changed key fobs batteries foe new no go alarm goes off. Tried to turn alarm off by manual keying in pin no no go alarm goes off. Totally out of ideas. Any one had similar problems ?

Old 10-28-2012, 05:43 AM
Rodzilla6
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I hate when that happens...LOL. I have a rocker c also and LOVE it, BUT some of the stupid things you run into once in a while turn me off...Once my alarm started acting funky and it was the key FOB battery running low. There is also a sequence in the manual YOU can do that allows you to overide the alarm. If you don't have a manual, do a search on here, someone posted the instructions a short while ago. That would allow you to temporarily disable the alarm till you figure it out. Might need to be re-set???I'm thinking if you ran it thru the disable sequence and then made sure the battery was fully charged, then run thru the sequence to engage the alarm, maybe that would clear it. I'm sure you did, but make sure it's the right FOB linked to that bike. Might be messed up from having no juice for a while????? It will be well worth it when you figure it out. It's a great bike. If you don't have a manual for the sequence and you can't find it in here, I'll take a look for it. I'll check back later. Enjoy your rocker and ride safe.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:40 AM
Aussiehoon
1st Gear
Smile

Thanx Rodzilla finally got the alarm off and bike works fine now. Turns out the batteries I purchased from the HD dealership for the key fobs were under voltage after they tested them, gave me two new and when I got home the bike turned first time thanx for your input appreciated!!!!

Old 10-29-2012, 01:45 AM
Aussiehoon
1st Gear

Rodzilla any pictures of your Hogg ? Guinness mmm nice pint was over in Ireland to catch up with the cousins a few months back had a ball !!!

Old 10-29-2012, 04:38 AM
Rodzilla6
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I am bad about pictures but will try to put some up. I would NEVER get rid of my rocker. Lowered 1.5 inches in back with progressives and a danny gray seat...sweet! I worked off and on in Ireland and Scotland for over 20 years in high tech. Actually worked with some good mates in Australia also. I go over to Ireland every year during the winter and stay for 3-4 weeks, do some hill walking and drink some serious pints with my friends there...Their winter compared to New England is awesome and a nice break. A couple years ago some ladies in a store in Connemara (awesome hiking) asked me and my brother why we would ever come over from Boston area in the winter...it was 70 degrees that day in Ireland, blue skies...we told them at home in Boston (west of) there was 5 feet of snow in my yard (it was above the yokes in my apple trees that year...). They were horrified and said they would not survive. We put the bikes away and pull out the snowmobiles and keep on riding!!!! Once you get used to how the rocker swings nicely under you thru the curves it is sweet!! Keep in touch/I'll post some pics...Hey, you can fit a 260 on the back without modification. It's tight but fits and rides/looks sweet. More later.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:41 PM
HOOKnIT
Novice
Default aussiehoon

whats the compliance laws in Australia?

Old 10-31-2012, 07:45 AM
Aussiehoon
1st Gear

Compliance laws are different to the US. What they are I am unsure but a mate brought one over to OZ and it had to be modified .

Old 10-31-2012, 07:51 AM
Aussiehoon
1st Gear

Hey Rodzilla, got lots of Rellies in Connemara ( ma @ pa ) were from there ) big on Irish speaking etc. I am thinking of getting an Dany Grey
seat but unsure wether to get some Burley roller bars first then the seat. I have double V&H loud pipes will put some pics up . Ye love the Rocker, as you know......no longer in production so maybe resale price will go up ? For the future.