Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch lever perch removal for a jockey setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 11:42 PM
Xtremerider112
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Clutch lever perch removal for a jockey setup

Hey Guys. Just did a jockey shift setup on my Roadking and now have to remove the clutch lever perch from my left side handlebar to clean up the look on that side. Im gunna run my mirror on the throttle side but still need to get that huge block of chrome staring me in the face outta there. Now here is the kicker...I would still like to run the stock HD controls for the blinkers, horn and high/low beam (if i cant im open to suggestions) Is there a kit or something out there that would work or is there a good aftermarket kit to change everything over to different switches all together. If you guys had pics of your setups that would be awesome too.

Thanks in advance
Josh

Old 02-03-2014, 11:46 PM
dyolfknip
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremerider112
Hey Guys. Just did a jockey shift setup on my Roadking and now have to remove the clutch lever perch from my left side handlebar to clean up the look on that side. Im gunna run my mirror on the throttle side but still need to get that huge block of chrome staring me in the face outta there. Now here is the kicker...I would still like to run the stock HD controls for the blinkers, horn and high/low beam (if i cant im open to suggestions) Is there a kit or something out there that would work or is there a good aftermarket kit to change everything over to different switches all together. If you guys had pics of your setups that would be awesome too.

Thanks in advance
Josh
If you look at the Got Jockey thread, I posted a cheap clamp from eBay that works well. Just need a spacer or a bunch of washers to hold mirror on.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:28 AM
Xtremerider112
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

that might be just what im looking for! ill also have to find a way to fill the hole in the control box where the lever used to be but the bottle cap idea looks pretty good! THANKS!

Old 02-04-2014, 03:12 AM
stal94gt
Road Master
Received 95 Likes on 88 Posts

This is an option to where the buttons are low profile so you can continue to have the OEM setup
http://www.performancemachine.com/mo...-housings.aspx

Old 02-04-2014, 03:36 AM
dyolfknip
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremerider112
that might be just what im looking for! ill also have to find a way to fill the hole in the control box where the lever used to be but the bottle cap idea looks pretty good! THANKS!
No worries man. Cheap fix anyhow.

Originally Posted by stal94gt
This is an option to where the buttons are low profile so you can continue to have the OEM setup
http://www.performancemachine.com/mo...-housings.aspx
Thanks for the link....Also if you REALLY want clean, google GripAce.....Exile makes a set of handgrips with the GripAce integrated also....

Old 02-04-2014, 04:47 AM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 on the Grip Ace. Super clean setup but quite an extensive wiring project.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:53 AM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 545 Posts

Cut off the original lever perch. Once you cut it off with a Dremel, you can file it to refine its shape, and then hit it with several grits of sandpaper to smooth it out.

Once you get it smoothed, either send it out for powdercoat or chrome. I went with chrome.

My biggest reason for this was that no matter how tight you get the housing screws, the housing will still rotate. You really need this perch to lock everything together. By cutting it off the way I did, I removed most of the perch, but kept the tangs that lock into the housing. And also, I was able to run a mirror on the clutch side, which was my preference.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:04 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

I just cut off the clutch perch and got a Miller mirror clamp. I miss that bike.