Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnumbar :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 10:20 PM
CajunIron
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Magnumbar :(

2014 Slim Vivid Black

Recently ordered a black Lindby Magnumbar for my Slim from JP Cycles. Received it quickly. The shipping box was in pristine condition. Unwrapped it from the bubble wrap and it's plastic wrap. Noticed the color to be more of a grayish color then black. Was told the Lindby Bars were powder coated. Well this one almost looked spray painted. The finish was ruff and had a considerable amount of scratches in the finish like someone ran through a sticker patch with it.
For the price I was expecting a flawless piece. I called JP who as expected are going to replace the part with another as soon as they receive this one back. Guess no highway bar before my trip.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Old 04-24-2014, 10:24 PM
lemonade_07flstc
Extreme HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 276 Posts

Have bought several things from them and always flawless, sometimes one slips thru the cracks but sure is frustrating when happens to you.

Old 04-24-2014, 11:59 PM
CajunIron
Cruiser

I guess that's why I'm frustrated because all the reviews I read spoke highly of their products. If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:54 PM
CajunIron
Cruiser

Well JP dropped the ball again. They received my return and after several days of waiting I had not had an email regarding replacement. I called and spoke to Kara who could care less attitude fired me up. Even tho the notes on my account request immediate replacement. With that said I took my business to Amazon and got the same part for almost $30 cheaper. The new bar came in to my surprise the finish is second rate with visible flaws and foreign matter lodged in the "powder coat" Also ordered the pegs with like flaws. While installing the clamp on pegs just the pressure alone caused a large piece of the finish to flake off. I did relay the issue directly to Lindby who pretty much said they had never had that issue. I guess when it starts to rust I will go have it properly powder coated.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:59 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,922 Likes on 3,022 Posts

Well first J&P's attitude would be unacceptable.
That being said, in regards to the flaws on the Lindby bar, J&P never see's the bar. Only the outer box, just like you received it. They're just a reseller.