Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Joined the legions of Slim owners!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 06:49 AM
Ragnar
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deezy139
Boy am I glad I read that, I was literally 5 minutes from buying one. Did you wind up reverting back to the stocker or did you find something else? I was liking the few inches of top of ***/lower back support but if the angle is messed up then that's not good either.
Yeah, I had high hopes, and Mustang makes a nice product. The Solo Tripper might be better, but I just went with what seems to be the go-to for most people, LePera's Barebones. Still keeps the look of the bike, and is similar in the seat feel as the original, but gets rid of that over-sized ECM box on the original seat that is the cause of most people's ire. If you go with someone who has a good returns policy, like J&P or Dennis Kirk, or can find one locally that you can try before you buy, you could certainly give the Wide Tripper a go for fairly minimal expense... but it ties up funds if you do return it. Note - with seats, at least with J&P, if it "shows any signs of having being mounted", no return. You can set it on the bike, but not bolt it down and take it for the weekend.

This is all going to be one of the fun parts for me... over analyzing . I've got an idea of where I want the bike to be, but most of it I want to wait on til the winter when I have more seat time and can see some mods in person.

I'll be the first to admit my plans are less than original, but it'll be "me" and that's all I really care about.
Smart plan. You'll go back and forth a few hundred times... but I think you'll enjoy the ride.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:21 AM
NuttyKev
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by deezy139
more expensive than all the cars I've had in life.
Lol.....I was wondering if I was the only person who has done that. Bought my slim new last year and it is the second most expensive vehicle I have owned. But my most expensive was a new SUV I bought in 2000, but I wrecked it before it was year old, owed a shot ton of money on it after insurance paid what they do. Never bought another expensive vehicle again, until the slim. I've had and do have other nice vehicles, just always purchased used now, and most have been half the cost of the slim.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:39 AM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

I remember when mine looked like that. Slims are great stock. Enjoy!

Old 12-20-2014, 01:50 PM
greenbax
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the slim family. You're gonna love it. A year later I have ZERO regrets - and this is even after recently test-riding all the harley models a few weeks ago. It just re-confirmed I made th right choice

Old 12-21-2014, 10:06 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

Welcome over to the Softail side. Nice looking ride, and I am sure you will get it looking even better.