Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bar advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 06:29 PM
Plvs Vltra
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bar advice

I am looking to change out my bars for either taller apes or beach bars. My problem is where I am located there aren't any ways to sit on bike with various bars and get the feel for them. Pretty much I am stuck guessing and coming here for sound advice to make a decision on.

I have the stock bars which aren't bad, but I really want to swap out for beach bars for the lower stretched look. I just think beach bars look damn sexy on a bike. My concern is comfort over an 8-10 hour ride as most my rides hit that range.

I have heard lots of comments about taller apes being extremely comfortable on longer trips, so those are the other option I am looking into.

As for me, I'm a taller rider at 6'4" (thus the interest in taller apes), so I am looking for a bit of input before I go either route. I have no back injuries or physical limitations that hinder my comfort while riding either.

So to get more to the point, for those who have had both, how to they compare? If I'm still undecided and opt to get both to test them out for myself, is there an optimal cable length that could accommodate both styles?

Old 08-31-2014, 06:32 PM
pipeyeti
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

I have 16" apes on my sportster and Bikini beach bars on my deluxe and the beach bars are far more comfy. They both look good but I think the beach bars on a fat low softail look great.

Old 09-01-2014, 12:15 AM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Bars

I've tired the Beach bars and have a set I'd let go cheap but didn't like them on the long haul or for sharper turns. Weird as it may sound the Beach Bars bothered my neck more than my back because your head it tilted back all the time. Both the apes and the BB'rs turn you into a wind sock but apes are far more comfortable to me. Mine are 14" and shoulder high and 34"s wide. Whomever you buy the bars from should be able to give you cable length. It's definitely not a cheap Acc.