Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I guess people love to hate 48!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 04:35 PM
48forlife
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I guess people love to hate 48!!!

I have a 2012 48, I got two weeks ago (love it by the way). I was just on a ride some guy in red clunker gave me the thumbs down for what that meant I don't know. It's funny to me that people don't respect sportsters. I really didn't know that was even a debate until I was reading some of threads on this wesite. I've been riding motorcycles for a long time now and a motorcycle is motorcycle to me, from a ninja 250 to triumph, R1 or a harley you get it...

Old 03-04-2012, 05:07 PM
CaptainCalf
Tourer

The guy in the red clunker was just jealous cuz you were riding a sweet bike and he was confined in his cage

As far as bikes go there are two main categories and both have their own following. The metric bike & the American bikes or HDs. I think You'll get respect from your HD brothers even on a Sporty, but not if you're on a metric.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:33 PM
IBGary
Road Captain

If you like f--- any one that doesn't. It's your..
I've had 2 Japan bikes, 3 Euro bikes and I like my Sportster the best.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Even though I like the looks of a 48 Sporty...just too low/short for my taste. To each their own.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:23 PM
06Sporty75
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If harley made a bigger version of the 48 for a good price I would have got one. There's not really any other bike that looks like them. I think they are great. the only bikes that should get thumbs down are men on Ninja 250's. Now that's a girls bike.

Last edited by 06Sporty75; 03-04-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Big Lebowski
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

First, welcome. I have not been on these boards for very long and I have asked some really stupid questions. However, most here are very helpful.

Second, since you you love your bike, that's all that matters.

Next, can you post a pic of your bike?

Finally, if you want to feel some 48 love, read this thread that has over 300,000 views:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...e-you-48s.html

Old 03-04-2012, 07:30 PM
TORQUEY
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by 48forlife
I have a 2012 48, I got two weeks ago (love it by the way). I was just on a ride some guy in red clunker gave me the thumbs down for what that meant I don't know. It's funny to me that people don't respect sportsters. I really didn't know that was even a debate until I was reading some of threads on this wesite. I've been riding motorcycles for a long time now and a motorcycle is motorcycle to me, from a ninja 250 to triumph, R1 or a harley you get it...
Welcome to the Forum. Some people don't get it after years. You already have it on your first post! The 48 has a huge cool factor...enjoy it!

Old 03-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Razorback Rob
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to tell ya. You might as well get used to it. My Sportster is the only bike I have ever owned. From what I've seen over the years, guys just love to hate on Sportsters. Period. Some people think those who hate on them so bad are guys who have never owned them. You know, to ride one is to love one. But I've been around plenty of guys who have in fact owned one and it was like some kind of insult to their manhood or something. Too damned insecure I guess. I love mine. Love it! I'll never understand.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:30 PM
solo48
Tourer

I have never got a thumbs down, I think the most amazed I have been was just the other day.... so I went to the store to get something to drink, after I paid I went outside where the bike was parked and another customer walked up to compliment the bike ( this happens quite often) anyway, while we were sitting there bs'ing about my bike a guy pulled up in a toyota truck and parked like 9" from my bike. I thought that was pretty effin rude but I would like to stay out of jail so i shrugged it off. and then came the comment, he hopped out of his truck, looked at me, then looked at the bike and said "what is that, a Honda?" I just shook my head and continued my conversation. long story is people are going to hate but I didnt buy my bike to impress people, I bought it to ride. So if someone has a problem with how my bike looks, thats exactly what it is (their problem). Congrats on the new bike and upload some photos as soon as you get the chance! welcome.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:31 PM
poker_chip1200
1st Gear

i gotta say the 48's look bad *** hands down. if i could, i'd trade my nightster for one. but your not alone on people hating on your bike. my buddy hates the fact I'm riding a harley now (he says hardly running) but ya to each his own. i too would like to see a pic of it

Quick Reply: I guess people love to hate 48!!!