The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

DYNOJET: dynojet power vision freezes after short period, not logging just monitoring

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 11:21 AM
kcmfg
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dynojet power vision freezes after short period, not logging just monitoring

I recently got my power vision and mounted it to my handlebars. I have not started logging runs yet, but I keep having an issue with the power vision and was wondering if anyone else was having the same issue.

Whenever I ride and the power vision is on but NOT logging, after about 20 minutes the whole thing just freezes and the gauges stop. As soon as I shut it off and back on, then it works fine for another short period. Do I have a defective unit or is this happening to all of them? Will it not freeze when I start logging?

Thanks for any input.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:18 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by kcmfg
I recently got my power vision and mounted it to my handlebars. I have not started logging runs yet, but I keep having an issue with the power vision and was wondering if anyone else was having the same issue.

Whenever I ride and the power vision is on but NOT logging, after about 20 minutes the whole thing just freezes and the gauges stop. As soon as I shut it off and back on, then it works fine for another short period. Do I have a defective unit or is this happening to all of them? Will it not freeze when I start logging?

Thanks for any input.
You might move this inquiry to the PV sticky thread in this section. I had the problem when I had an old two-module AT-100 connected, which was moved from my PCV Auto-Tune setup. There apparently was a problem with those older devices and I had to get a single box AT-100 to fix the problem. Do you have this setup? Are you saying it works fine only when it is datalogging?

Who did you buy the PV from?

Old 03-28-2012, 07:02 PM
kcmfg
Intermediate

I have the PV hooked up to the diagnostic port and it all works fine. The problem I'm having is that it keeps freezing / locking up on me randomly when I ride. When I shut the ignition off and then back on then it works fine for a while. I have not tried logging with it yet, this is just with the device on and plugged in and it's on a gauge screen. When it stops the gauges go to zero like it somehow lost connection to the ECM.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:00 PM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain

I'd also ensure that it's updated with the most recent firmware.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:26 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

Originally Posted by kcmfg

Thanks for any input.
The Power Vision is very likely picking up RF from the PV cable being routed near a spark plug wire which will cause this exact issue. Re-route the cable away from the ignition coils and wires and you should not have any further problems.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 03-29-2012, 11:27 PM
kcmfg
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
The Power Vision is very likely picking up RF from the PV cable being routed near a spark plug wire which will cause this exact issue. Re-route the cable away from the ignition coils and wires and you should not have any further problems.
Not sure why I didn't think of this earlier. That makes sense. I'll give it a try and see if that helps. Thanks a lot!

Old 06-22-2012, 09:24 AM
kcmfg
Intermediate

Just wanted to post a follow up in case anyone else runs into this same problem. It turns out that my ground cable on the battery had come a little loose. It was just loose enough to lose contact very briefly while riding and caused the PV to lose connection. It also caused my bike to die out randomly while riding too. I noticed it because one day I went to start the bike and the starter just clicked. That made me check the battery. After I tightened up the battery cables real good then everything worked great and I have not had any issues with the PV or anything else.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:05 PM
tstrad
Stage I
Default power vision fix

I have a 2004 st heritage .I installed the PV running the wire on the backbone under the tank on the right side. the gauges would go blank after about 3 miles or 2 minutes. I just rerouted the wire over the top of the tank under the speedo housing and.....presto- fixed!!!!! Hope this helps some one out there. because it was driving me nuts.Thanks T.