Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

atermarket fairing for RK???

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 08:58 AM
sloans4x4
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default atermarket fairing for RK???

Ok, so I have an 07 Raodking and I have a Kenny Day fairing on it. Which is just the shell and windshield, I am wanting to put a radio fairing on it such as a Wide Open, or Reckless, etc. I emailed Wide Open 1st of week with no response. Was looking at them because they are somewhat local being in SE Kansas. Maybe some of you can help me make sure I get what I want.

Questions: Are these fairing the same size as the factory batwing? Mine is smaller. Will they accept the factory, and all the aftermarket windshields that the factory fairing use for ease of swapping windshields to find the one I like. I assume they all use a hidden antenna?? as I don't see any of the bikes with them have an antenna.

Next which one do all you guys have and or prefer??

Thanks
Shane

Old 10-31-2014, 10:04 AM
RevBlk
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 62 Posts

I too have a 07 Roadking. I have a Reckless fairing that I put on for trips. For around town I prefer the traditional stripped down look. It is pretty much the same size as a factory pre 14 fairing. I use a 2013 Street Gllide windshield and mirrors. I also put a 3 pouch windshield bag on it. I wanted the fairing for two reasons. Tunes on trips and protect my hands from the cold. The Reckless fairing does both real well. It does have an internal antennae. For the price I am very happy. It was 1000 bux delivered to my door in Canada. Woodys fairings are very nice and I really wanted one but he was backed up on orders and I couldn't wait. Good Luck
Rev