Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new foldable, single bike trailer, new pics..

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 06:03 PM
chgofirefighter
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default My new foldable, single bike trailer, new pics..

A few days ago I received my trailer and I posted a few pics of it, but my bad that I didn't post pics of the trailer being fully setup and ready to go so here you go. Honestly speaking I was considering getting me The Stinger trailer, but it cost $2,000 so I did some research and I found this at theusatrailerstore for $895+185 for the running boards, total was $1,294... The beautiful thing about the Stinger trailer is that you don't need to do any setup and mess around with tools which I had to do with this one, also the Stinger is made entirely in the USA which I was assuming that my trailer was also but it's not, hence the price... But overall built quality and features are good. Now I haven't decided to put my bike on the trailer just yet. I would like to add/modify it with a while locking choke. This current setup once you have your motorcycle on the trailer you will need to have additional help to hold the bike steady, don't think this current setup allows me to do a one man show like the Stinger trailer...I will have to contact the vendor and inquire Honestly, I should of purchased the Stinger but since I already pull the plugged on this one I'm going to keep it and see what happens...

Attached Thumbnails My new foldable, single bike trailer, new pics..-trailer1.jpg   My new foldable, single bike trailer, new pics..-trailer2.jpg   My new foldable, single bike trailer, new pics..-trailer3.jpg   My new foldable, single bike trailer, new pics..-trailer4.jpg   My new foldable, single bike trailer, new pics..-trailer5.jpg  

Old 05-10-2015, 06:07 PM
chgofirefighter
Road Master
Default additional pics...

Just a few more pics of the trailer... It folds up nicely and I could store in a corner without any issues...

Attached Thumbnails My new foldable, single bike trailer, new pics..-trailer6.jpg   My new foldable, single bike trailer, new pics..-trailer7.jpg   My new foldable, single bike trailer, new pics..-trailer-storage1.jpg   My new foldable, single bike trailer, new pics..-bike-trailer1.jpg   My new foldable, single bike trailer, new pics..-bike-trailer2.jpg  

Old 05-10-2015, 06:49 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 395 Likes on 337 Posts

if space is an issue.

otherwise I strongly suggest that trailers have 2 axles and brakes.

over the years I have seen many, many trailers crash- most often it is a tire or braking issue ( car brakes hard...trailer keeps going and passes car)

the most recent was 2 road kings in an open trailer, single axle.

they lost a tire, the trailer went sideways...one of the road kings fell over the side...straps were strong enough to pull the other road king and the trailer over on top.

Mike

Old 05-10-2015, 07:56 PM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks for the review on your trailer, very helpful info.

JIM

Old 05-10-2015, 08:09 PM
WEINERDOGBONE
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

It looks okay to me. Does it have some type of suspension under the rear axle?

Old 05-10-2015, 10:02 PM
chgofirefighter
Road Master

Originally Posted by WEINERDOGBONE
It looks okay to me. Does it have some type of suspension under the rear axle?
Don't believe so, just radial tires rated for highway speeds of excess of 70mph...Think the tires are size 13 or 14 not sure have to double verify...

Old 05-10-2015, 10:05 PM
chgofirefighter
Road Master

Originally Posted by mkguitar
if space is an issue.

otherwise I strongly suggest that trailers have 2 axles and brakes.

over the years I have seen many, many trailers crash- most often it is a tire or braking issue ( car brakes hard...trailer keeps going and passes car)

the most recent was 2 road kings in an open trailer, single axle.

they lost a tire, the trailer went sideways...one of the road kings fell over the side...straps were strong enough to pull the other road king and the trailer over on top.

Mike

Obviously space is an issue, also it is the end user who has to double check his trailer at every fuel stop, making sure that everything is working as it should. Maintenance is also another issue, way too many people don't properly maintained their trailers. Accidents do happen regardless if its an enclosed trailer or open one and thats why insurance comes very handy

Old 05-10-2015, 10:13 PM
giacomo56
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 145 Posts

I decided on a Kendon single bike....love it. Just brought my bike back from Florida for the summer season in the north..couldn't be happier.
Only caution is if you have a friend with a bike it's a hassle....thinking of getting a double ( Kendon) just for that reason.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:51 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,273 Likes on 11,143 Posts

It looks like it has some kind of supports near the wheels. Is that to prevent the trailer from popping a wheelie if loading your bike and the trailer is not connected to a vehicle?.

Old 05-11-2015, 06:04 AM
wlibert
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a single axle enclosed trailer with brakes so the stopping issue is taken care of. I do worry about the tire issue but my trailer has 15" radials on it so I've taken all the precautions I can. I check tire condition and air pressure before every trip.

Quick Reply: My new foldable, single bike trailer, new pics..