Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slip on mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 09:39 AM
inhershey
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think my biggest hangup is trying to balance the desire to have the tone and rumble on acceleration without volume that interferes with passenger communication when cruising.

Old 03-29-2017, 11:21 AM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by R.Canales
HaHa. I have a job that affords me the opprotunity to sit here and read, shop, and talk smack on here. I'm blessed.
Does your boss know how much time you are wasting each day?

Old 03-29-2017, 11:32 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,457 Posts

Originally Posted by inhershey
I also found a set of SE slip ons from a CVO model for sale but not sure what sound they will have or if I need to re-map or get a tuner for those.
cvo mufflers with fullsac baffles are a great bang for the buck. back in 2012, i bought a set for the wife's bike while she tried to figure out what she was gonna do. that was over 4 years ago, and she is still happy with them and has not been looking for anything else.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:45 PM
R.Canales
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Hate Work
Does your boss know how much time you are wasting each day?

Please don't tell Gov. Jerry Brown!

Old 03-31-2017, 09:33 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

I bought a 2009 Roadking that had Rush slip ons. Only opinion, but I found them annoying because it was a constant drone at highway speed and especially downhill with dragging on the engine. So I bought OEM stock slip ons that I found. These are really quiet and certainly not bothersome but they lack something.

I have a 2006 Softail with SE slip ons and it has more popping when I accelerate or decelerate. I liked that sound especially when riding through deer country as then typically turned and ran if I would just downshift.

So, will SE slip ons give me more of that sound? I also found a set of SE slip ons from a CVO model for sale but not sure what sound they will have or if I need to re-map or get a tuner for those.

Thoughts anybody?
Modify your stock mufflers using the Fullsac OEM muffler upgrade 2" baffles. $200, good tuneable set up, deep mellow sound, Retain the quality OEM mufflers and the cerification decal on them, in case.

I think my biggest hangup is trying to balance the desire to have the tone and rumble on acceleration without volume that interferes with passenger communication when cruising.
With an open head pipe, the stock CVO mufflers sound perfect for me. Too quiet with a "cat". Quality muffler, $200 used.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-23-2017 at 09:25 AM.
The following users liked this post:
inhershey (04-01-2017)
Old 07-01-2017, 06:05 AM
inhershey
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's been a while since I responded on this topic but I wanted to let you all know what I ended up with. Tried SE Street Cannons that I found on Craigslist. They had a nice sound but too loud for me. Then I emailed Fullsac and ordered a set of OEM mufflers that were re-cored with their 1.75" baffles. These have a lower tone with more variation in tone. Much more rumble or bark as some call it but tame down very nicely at highway speed. Even my wife admitted that she likes them and that doesn't happen often.

The following users liked this post:
head (07-01-2017)