Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power commander question

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 11:15 AM
harleybill
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: power commander question

Installed a PC from Fuelmoto last week and could not be more satisfied. The bike runs strong and is a big improvement over the factory settings. My opinion , they are good people to deal with.

Old 09-16-2006, 02:44 PM
mwkyzer
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://fuelmoto.com should be http://fuelmotousa.com. Just trying to help...

ORIGINAL: 2006streetglide

I purchased a PCIII from http://fuelmoto.com as well and had Jamie install a map for my config. My SG ran great, no decel popping, coughing, sputtering no adverse effects whatsoever. However, I wanted to get my SG on a dyno and make sure the A/F was correct through my useable RPM range.

Lo and behold I encountered a "lean" condition 18:1 plus at WOT around 3400 - 5100 RPM. Given the fact that more than likely I will not see WOT (atleast I don't think I WILL) too often I opted to have them (dyno techs) adjust my fuel curve for a more conservative map (ie; more fuel - less air ) for tyical riding habits rather than for a leaner condition to net higher hp/tq gains.

In the end I spent 2 hours on the dyno and $140.00 but what I got out of it was a very reliable map that netted me an A/F ratio is 13:4 - 13:6 across the useable RPM range. I lost a bit of hp/tq but I have piece of mind not that detonation is and will be a non issues now.

With that being said, I think the maps loaded by Fuelmoto are proven and are optimized for a specific bike but not yours or mine. Can it be a plug-n-play for you? Yes - but for $140.00 I have piece of mind now knowing that my motor is getting the right amount of fuel for all my driving conditions.

As a suggestion, try and find a shop who might offer a deal on one or two pulls on their dyno (ie; an open house) or get a buddy and see if they will discount you guys for several bikes and have them strap them onto the rollers and spin it to see what your map looks like (cheap insurance in my mind). At that point it is up to you to stay with what you have or opt for more of a performance tune or for reliabilty; it's your bike your call.

For the record, Jamie and the crew at http://fuelmoto.com are teriffic to deal with. Jamie helped me out on a few issues and I recommend them because of their pricing, support, quick to ship, extended warranty etc....

If you want the PCIII (which I DO recommend you get) call Jamie and order it up and don't think of buying elsewhere. You'll be very happy w/ what you get for your $$$$ I can attest to that along with others from this forum I'm sure.

Old 09-16-2006, 05:36 PM
Matt8643
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my PCIII last year from Jamie and Fuel moto and am very happy. The bike ran fine with their canned map, and after about 4 months I decided to get a dyno just to fine tune the bike. The Dyno was definitely worth it, but it wasn't something I HAD to do becaue the Fuel Moto map wasn't working.