Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 streetglide fuel gauge problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 05:11 AM
CT 06 glide
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 06 streetglide fuel gauge problems

I posted this in tech and really didn't get any help so im reposting it here, hope thats not a problem, thankyou.
HI,
i have an 06 streetglide and my fuel gauge stopped working while in laconia lastyear. The fuel gauge always reads full til about a gallon left then it reads 3/4 full. I took of the center tank cover to find the what i believe is the sending unit for the gauge but didn't have a chance to replace it. I've looked throught the online HD book to try and find the correct part but cant seem to find it, can anyone help me with a part number and/or a price for this unit. Any kind of help woiuld be appreciated. thanks

Old 04-17-2011, 01:00 AM
electraglide999
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fuel gauge is shot, buy a new one.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:16 AM
Reef Rider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CT 06 glide
I posted this in tech and really didn't get any help so im reposting it here, hope thats not a problem, thankyou.
HI,
i have an 06 streetglide and my fuel gauge stopped working while in laconia lastyear. The fuel gauge always reads full til about a gallon left then it reads 3/4 full. I took of the center tank cover to find the what i believe is the sending unit for the gauge but didn't have a chance to replace it. I've looked throught the online HD book to try and find the correct part but cant seem to find it, can anyone help me with a part number and/or a price for this unit. Any kind of help woiuld be appreciated. thanks

A few years ago I owned a 2006 Ultra Classic. I thought I was leaking fuel around the Fuel Tank Sender Level Sensor top plate to I bought a new Harley Davison Fuel Tank Sender Level Sensor (HDP MODULE FUEL SENDER P/N 75040-06). However, I found out that I wasn't leaking gas there and never installed the unit on the bike. It's been sitting in it's box in the garage ever since...

The unit cost me $163. I'll sell it for $75, you pay the shipping. You'll need to verify that it's the same p/n that works on the 2006 Ultra Classic vs. your bike. PM e if your interested.

Matt
Orlando Fl