Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low cost hard bags on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 07:41 AM
wwiiavfan
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,109 Likes on 490 Posts
Default Low cost hard bags on ebay

Asked about this over on the general forum without any responses.
Someone suggested asking this in the touring section, so here goes:
Anyone have any experience with these cheap ABS hard bags that are all over ebay? Not sure if they are made in China or what. Are they decent enough if you're not picky? Or are they complete crap?

Thanks

Old 06-28-2014, 11:11 AM
cpita
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stay away from Fleabay bags! I considered getting them, but glad I didn't. I went with Top Shop and glad I did. my painter said they were one of the easiest paint with minimal prep. My buddy went ahead and got some of those Ebay bags and thought he would save some cash and said he would never do it again. search Ebay bags on here and get ready for the negative reviews.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:33 AM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just in case you didn't already I would ask on the Dyna forum.Back when I had my Dyna it seemed that just about every week a new saddle bag thread popped up.it's even possible to put full sized FLH bags on a Dyna with a little work.Be prepared to do a turn signal relocation.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:47 AM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,524 Likes on 1,421 Posts

From what I have noticed, you can save some bucks but the trade off is in quality, and finish.
For "Lightweight Use", some accept the trade offs, and ride on...

Old 06-28-2014, 09:39 PM
wwiiavfan
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,109 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGrandPoohBah
From what I have noticed, you can save some bucks but the trade off is in quality, and finish.
For "Lightweight Use", some accept the trade offs, and ride on...
Thanks, this is what I'm talking about. My leather bags have about had it, and I don't want to spend upwards of 5 bills to put on Moco bags with the conversion mounts. I'm handy with fabrication, and I don't need the bags to be perfect, just functional.

Side note, how do you like your Caddy? Thinking about one like it for the Mrs.

Ken

Old 07-31-2014, 03:50 PM
Viking Bags
Former Sponsor
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Just wanna say, We do recommend staying away from eBay purchases... but FYI

Sometimes we do unload some of our old inventory or slightly used inventory and they end up on eBay.. so it isn't all completely bad.
If you need anyone to point you in the direction of our " old or silghtly used " inventory, feel free to send me a PM or message.

Last edited by Viking Bags; 07-31-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:15 PM
Sqr
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wwiiavfan
Asked about this over on the general forum without any responses.
Someone suggested asking this in the touring section, so here goes:
Anyone have any experience with these cheap ABS hard bags that are all over ebay? Not sure if they are made in China or what. Are they decent enough if you're not picky? Or are they complete crap?

Thanks
Stay away from after market bags and pony up for MOCO bags to avoid any fitment, quality and visual issues.

Old 07-31-2014, 06:24 PM
tonetls
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 7 Posts

OK I guess I am not the norm here..........I bought a pair off EBAY and absolutely love em. One bag has a little orange peal on back but so does HD stuff and it is hardly even noticable unless you are a painter-ha!

They seem pretty thick, solid and strong just like my nephews stock bags on his SG and they came installed with hardware and lids already on. I need to buy locks but that was the only other expense and it was $59 again on EBAY...and they fit and work great with new bags.

Bags fit perfectly on my 09 Road King Classic as I wanted hard bags to switch up the look. They even were painted high gloss Vivid Black that looks fantastic.......plus only $275 complete shipped.

I would recommend them but it sounds like many have issues so my opinion is be careful, I guess I got lucky. I would do it again without question.

Here are picks of the hard bags on my bike so you can see the shine and detail.

Attached Thumbnails Low cost hard bags on ebay-p1010053.jpg   Low cost hard bags on ebay-p1010048.jpg   Low cost hard bags on ebay-p1010044.jpg   Low cost hard bags on ebay-p1010046.jpg   Low cost hard bags on ebay-p1010035.jpg