Harley-Davidson Drops Details on 2013 Models and Options
by John Coyle
This morning the MoCo released plans info on the new models and options customers will see in 2013, including the CVO Breakout. Personally, I think the hard Candy paint options look really slick–the Lucky Flake Green is my favorite–but I’m curious to see what they look like in person, particularly in the sun.
But you know what they say about opinions. While member Keeper01 wanted to see Hard Candy as an option on the Touring Bikes, wndchsr2 said “the metal flake colors look very reminiscent of the 70’s, not a big fan of those personally. Some of those color schemes looks like a design engineer had a bad flashback,” which is pretty funny, whether you agree with him or not.
I’ve posted the official press release below, and Harley’s official site has been posting new pics throughout the day, so you can get the word straight from the horses mouth. And after you check out all offerings, head over to the forum to see what the members are saying about the latest editions to the Harley family.
###NEW MODELS AND NEW OPTIONS FROM HARLEY-DAVIDSON FOR 2013
110th Anniversary Editions, Hard Candy Custom Styling, and a Restyled Street Bob
MILWAUKEE (August 20, 2011) – Harley-Davidson rolls into its 110th model year with a line of authentic American motorcycles that includes 110th Anniversary Editions of select Harley-Davidson motorcycle models and a restyled Dyna Street Bob model. Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM offers two new models, the CVO Breakout, a high-performance Softail model with exciting new finish options, and the CVO™ Road King, fitted with an innovative vented windshield and high-output audio system.
Also new for 2013, Harley-Davidson launches Hard Candy Custom, a styling movement rooted in themes first seen in the chopper era of the late 1960s that embraces dazzling metal flake paint, brilliant chrome, and styling details in accessories, gear and apparel. Hard Candy Custom elements include “big flake” paint finishes, three of which will be selectively offered as a solid-color option on five Harley-Davidson production motorcycles for 2013.
H-D1 Factory Customization expands with the Street Bob joining the 1200 Custom as Harley-Davidson models in the web-based program that allows customers to select factory-installed options in more than 2,000 combinations, build a bike on the screen, and then order it through an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer.
More than a century of experience, knowledge and riding passion lies behind each 2013 Harley-Davidson.
Highlights of the 2012 Harley-Davidson line include:
Ten Harley-Davidson models are offered as 110th Anniversary Editions, each serialized and featuring exclusive paint and commemorative solid bronze fuel tank badges. Production will vary by model and will be strictly limited to ensure exclusivity. These models come with all available factory-installed options as standard equipment. (See separate release for more details on the 110th Anniversary Editions.)
- The Harley-Davidson Street Bob gets a tougher profile for 2013 with new blacked-out triple clamps and powertrain, and a chopped rear fender with side-mounted license plate and stop/turn/tail lights. This rowdy Dyna bobber features a solo seat and mini-ape handlebar mounted on new risers that make it easier to customize the Street Bob. New paint options include Hard Candy Custom metalflake and a scalloped two-tone option. (See separate release for more details on the 2013 Street Bob.)
- The Street Bob serves as a great starting point for customization, and now along with the 1200 Custom it can be personalized through H-D1 Factory Customization with options selected by the customer using the online Bike Builder on Harley-Davidson.com, and installed as the motorcycle is assembled by the Harley-Davidson Motor Company. By choosing from different wheels, paint and engine finishes, the customer can dramatically alter the look of the motorcycle. Different combinations of foot-control location, seat choices and handlebar can be selected to adjust the fit of the motorcycle to rider stature.
- Hard Candy Custom embraces a trend that’s reemerged from garages around the globe. Now the sparkle of Hard Candy Big Red Flake, Hard Candy Lucky Green Flake and Hard Candy Coloma Gold Flake can be ordered as Original Equipment paint and serve as the foundation for personal customization. At least one Hard Candy Custom color will be offered on these Harley-Davidson motorcycle models: Seventy-Two, Street Bob, Blackline, Softail Deluxe, and Forty-Eight. New and recently introduced Genuine Motor Accessory and Harley-Davidson MotorClothes items extend the Hard Candy Custom theme. (See separate release for more details on Hard Candy Custom.)
- The 2013 CVO series of limited-production premium custom motorcycles features the new CVO Breakout, a bold Softail model that takes production motorcycle finishes to a new level with two paint schemes that feature hand-polished steel sections on the fuel tank and fenders. The CVO Road King offers the first factory-installed Road King audio system, and the new detachable Vented Wind Splitter windshield. The super-premium touring CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide and shark-nose CVO Road Glide Custom bagger return with new features for 2013. (See separate release for more details on the 2013 CVO line.)
- The versatile Harley-Davidson Sportster line includes five models, plus the Sportster 1200 Custom Anniversary Edition. New colors and graphics are offered on all Sportster models.
- The traditional “hard tail” lines of the Harley-Davidson Softail platform are offered on six models, including the Softail Slim, a back-to-basics 1950’s-style bobber introduce mid-year 2012. The 2013 Fat Boy now features Mirror Chrome Aluminum Bullet Hole Disc wheels as standard equipment. The Softail line also includes Heritage Softail Classic Anniversary Edition and the Fat Boy Lo Anniversary Edition.
- Eight Harley-Davidson Touring models, from the slammed-and-trimmed Street Glide to the fully equipped Electra Glide Ultra Limited, are ready to tackle the long road with fresh color and graphics options. The Road King Anniversary Edition and Electra Glide® Ultra Limited Anniversary Edition are available in limited quantities for 2013.
- The smooth-handling 2013 Dyna line includes the re-styled Street Bob and four more models, plus the Super Glide Custom Anniversary Edition.
- The aggressive Harley-Davidson V-Rod power-cruiser line features the Night Rod Special and V-Rod Muscle, each available in new colors for 2013.
- Riders looking for a Trike option with Harley-Davidson quality can turn to the Tri Glide Ultra Classic, also available Tri Glide Ultra Classic Anniversary Edition to celebrate a milestone.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company produces heavyweight custom, cruiser and touring motorcycles and offers a complete line of Harley-Davidson motorcycle parts, accessories, riding gear and apparel, and general merchandise. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson’s Web site at www.harley-davidson.com.
# # #