Sponsored by:

Cobra Powerflo 2-1 v. Rush 2-1 Standard

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 11:38 PM
BatOuttaHell
Road Master
Received 511 Likes on 228 Posts
Default Cobra Powerflo 2-1 v. Rush 2-1 Standard

Does anyone have any experience with either of these 2-1 systems? I'm currently running Rush True Duals w/ 4" Big Louies but I miss the performance of the D&D Boss FatCat on my last Ultra and want to go back to a 2-1. Don't want to spenk $1K this time and these two systems look viable at a little over half the price. I'm looking for input from anyone who has experience with either of these systems...not looking for other suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Old 12-17-2015, 04:57 PM
HD_fan
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 358 Posts

BOH I have the Cobra pwr-flo 2-1 on my 15 RG. I LOVE this exhaust for my bagger because its sound matches the bike in my humble opinion. I have a 14 Low Rider with TH and for long distance rides that noise would give me a headache (old dude here). I have the fuelmoto stage1 billet intake and a power vision. I haven't dynoed the bike but have ran 3 30min autotune sessions. I love the sound of it.

Old 12-17-2015, 05:52 PM
WG2011
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a buddy who owns an Indy and he swears by the rush 2into1. As far as performance goes it sounds like it's one of the best options.

Old 12-17-2015, 08:02 PM
BatOuttaHell
Road Master

Originally Posted by HD_fan
BOH I have the Cobra pwr-flo 2-1 on my 15 RG. I LOVE this exhaust for my bagger because its sound matches the bike in my humble opinion. I have a 14 Low Rider with TH and for long distance rides that noise would give me a headache (old dude here). I have the fuelmoto stage1 billet intake and a power vision. I haven't dynoed the bike but have ran 3 30min autotune sessions. I love the sound of it.

Thanks HD...that pipe looks GREAT on your bike! That, and the price are what drew me to the Cobra. I tried to find sound clips on youtube but there are very few...how does it sound? I'm looking for a low rumble but like quite a bit louder than stock. I've heard some of the Cobra slip-ons and they sound great so I'm hoping the 2-1 is the same. Thanks for weighing in on my thread!

Old 12-17-2015, 08:06 PM
BatOuttaHell
Road Master

Originally Posted by WG2011
I have a buddy who owns an Indy and he swears by the rush 2into1. As far as performance goes it sounds like it's one of the best options.
Thanks WG.....I too am a big Rush fan. Like I said I'm currently running their true duals w/ 4" Big Louies w/ 2.5" baffles and they sound amazing. I love the low end torque of a 2-1 though and miss it with the true duals. I have smaller 2" baffles for the Big Louie's and although I'm sure they would restore some of the low end torque, I'm not wanting to lose the volume. The Rush 2-1 standard is definitely in the running for my new pipe...just have to decide between the Rush and the Cobra. Thanks again!

Old 12-17-2015, 08:55 PM
HD_fan
Road Warrior

Thanks HD...that pipe looks GREAT on your bike! That, and the price are what drew me to the Cobra. I tried to find sound clips on youtube but there are very few...how does it sound? I'm looking for a low rumble but like quite a bit louder than stock. I've heard some of the Cobra slip-ons and they sound great so I'm hoping the 2-1 is the same. Thanks for weighing in on my thread!
You are welcome Sir and thank you. The Cobra is absolutely louder than stock...no question. I also have a 14 Lowrider with a Thunderheader 2-1 and it is louder and more ruckus sounding than the Cobra. The Cobra will get loud though if you crack it the gas wide open The price is another reason I went with the Cobra. To get a 2-1 for $466 shipped is just to good to pass up. With the Powervision tune my RG pulls very hard compared to stock. I'am very happy with the system.

BTW in the past I've also ran D&D and Bassani 2-1 and I can say that the Cobra 2-1 system runs everybit as hard as the other pipes. I was pleasantly surprised how the pipe sounds and performs.

Last edited by HD_fan; 12-17-2015 at 09:07 PM.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:16 PM
BatOuttaHell
Road Master

Originally Posted by HD_fan
You are welcome Sir and thank you. The Cobra is absolutely louder than stock...no question. I also have a 14 Lowrider with a Thunderheader 2-1 and it is louder and more ruckus sounding than the Cobra. The Cobra will get loud though if you crack it the gas wide open The price is another reason I went with the Cobra. To get a 2-1 for $466 shipped is just to good to pass up. With the Powervision tune my RG pulls very hard compared to stock. I'am very happy with the system.

BTW in the past I've also ran D&D and Bassani 2-1 and I can say that the Cobra 2-1 system runs everybit as hard as the other pipes. I was pleasantly surprised how the pipe sounds and performs.
Please, please, please tell me where you got it for $466 shipped??? The best I've found is $519, which is still a steal IMO. I'm going to opt for the black pipe so maybe it's a little more than chrome, idunno. At any rate, I think the cobra is one of, if not the sharpest looking 2-1 out there. If it sounds anything like their slip-ons, it's a winner for sure!

Old 12-17-2015, 10:22 PM
HD_fan
Road Warrior

Sure thing! Ebay! Yes you will pay more for a blacked out one. You know I heard a CFR slip ons on a Road king and think of that just louder...that's how the Cobra 2-1 sounds.

Old 12-18-2015, 01:28 PM
oakmossy
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

nice look. Do you have a pic of the left side of the bike? Would like to see if posible.

Old 12-18-2015, 02:26 PM
HD_fan
Road Warrior

here you go Oak

Last edited by HD_fan; 12-18-2015 at 02:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Cobra Powerflo 2-1 v. Rush 2-1 Standard