Sponsored by:

2017 Harley Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 04:47 AM
ADVNTR
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Default test the shocks

No one has tested the shocks against each other with a controlled method so all we have in the decision making process are some conclusions and opinions from the end users. I would love to see how the HD shocks compare to the pricey ones. Howard has not responded to my inquiry regarding this subject and i don't expect him to because it would be bad for business if the HD Prem Adj shock turned out to be a good value...

Old 09-16-2016, 08:59 AM
sailmotion
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7,838 Likes on 3,236 Posts

Originally Posted by Punjabi HD
We have to keep in mind fresh set of tires makes feel like new bike too at least that's how feel " wow this bike runs great".
Just like washing the bike makes it faster!

Old 09-16-2016, 09:47 AM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by ADVNTR
No one has tested the shocks against each other with a controlled method so all we have in the decision making process are some conclusions and opinions from the end users. I would love to see how the HD shocks compare to the pricey ones. Howard has not responded to my inquiry regarding this subject and i don't expect him to because it would be bad for business if the HD Prem Adj shock turned out to be a good value...
Agree 100 percent! I went with Legend and really like them but not saying others are not great too. One of the big manufacturers should fund a INDEPENDENT suspension comparison using the latest diagnostic equipment available so it's not just opinion. Take the top five or so brands and test there best offering priced under $1000 retail.

The overall cost would not be comparatively that bad. I would bet that the result would be very beneficial to buyers and the industry. Even if a $500 set of shocks comes in say third place but shows that it works 90 percent as effective as a $1000 set.

We have actual data for almost all other major products, why not shocks? Hopefully a suspension manufacturer reads this.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:40 AM
silveradoman2
Road Master
Received 103 Likes on 95 Posts

In the beginning riding my bike I was bounced around a lot. Looked at the manual for proper rear shock setting, says 180 less set at 0, which it was. I called the dealer he suggested I turn it in a couple of clicks. So I turned it in two clicks, some improvement, turned it in two more clicks, still better. Didn't like the front end dive. So I installed the Premium single cartridge low profile front suspension along with changing the color. No more front end dive and better handling. I recently acquired the painted Chopped Tour Pak. I ride solo so I went with the solo detachable rack. Doesn't hang over the back end, like the look closer to me. With the extra 50 lbs on the back she is pretty smooth right now. Couldn't be happier, I think. But thinking has gotten me in trouble before lol.