Sponsored by:

2014 Limited, Tour Pak etc Removed

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 11:47 AM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by dontdropit
Yes thanks, but I would like to see how gunny has done his because he is using HD,s light kit
I would think gunny's would look essentially the same. The HD bag lights hook in to the connector in the far upper right of my photo where I have the Custom Dymanics MPR-BCM connector. It is completely separate from the multi-tailed loom going to the Tour-Pak.

Old 06-21-2014, 02:29 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 518 Likes on 255 Posts

Next time I pull the seat, I'll take a pic of the wiring. Basically I put soft plastic caps over the ends of the connectors to keep dust and dirt out, then folded the wiring into about 4" sections and zip tied it as a bundle. I moved the wiring around the ECM a bit so the bundle would lay flat on top of the ECM. If you have a seat that takes the rider backrest, there is tons of room. My Mustang Vintage does not take the backrest so I had to be much more carefull of making the wire bundle flat on top of the ECM caddy. I considered using the CD Plasma lights but when I saw how freaking bright the LEDs were on the run/brake/Turn lights from Harley I went with those. Hell a blind guy could feel those lights comin on, no excuse for a driver not knowin you hit the brakes for sure.

Last edited by Gunnysgt; 06-21-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:39 PM
dontdropit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 120 Posts

[QUOTE=Gunnysgt;12890686]Next time I pull the seat, I'll take a pic of the wiring. Basically I put soft plastic caps over the ends of the connectors to keep dust and dirt out, then folded the wiring into about 4" sections and zip tied it as a bundle. I moved the wiring around the ECM a bit so the bundle would lay flat on top of the ECM. If you have a seat that takes the rider backrest, there is tons of room. My Mustang Vintage does not take the backrest so I had to be much more carefull of making the wire bundle flat on top of the ECM caddy. I considered using the CD Plasma lights but when I saw how freaking bright the LEDs were on the run/brake/Turn lights from Harley I went with those. Hell a blind guy could feel those lights comin on, no excuse for a driver not knowin you hit the brakes for sure.[/Q

Thanks for the info. I was wondering if the wires could fit in the area were a backrest mount would be located. All other pics I have seen had the wires around the ecm.

Old 06-21-2014, 04:16 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

[QUOTE=dontdropit;12890707]
Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
Next time I pull the seat, I'll take a pic of the wiring. Basically I put soft plastic caps over the ends of the connectors to keep dust and dirt out, then folded the wiring into about 4" sections and zip tied it as a bundle. I moved the wiring around the ECM a bit so the bundle would lay flat on top of the ECM. If you have a seat that takes the rider backrest, there is tons of room. My Mustang Vintage does not take the backrest so I had to be much more carefull of making the wire bundle flat on top of the ECM caddy. I considered using the CD Plasma lights but when I saw how freaking bright the LEDs were on the run/brake/Turn lights from Harley I went with those. Hell a blind guy could feel those lights comin on, no excuse for a driver not knowin you hit the brakes for sure.[/Q

Thanks for the info. I was wondering if the wires could fit in the area were a backrest mount would be located. All other pics I have seen had the wires around the ecm.
I have the HD adjustable backrest. As gunny said, there is tons of room around that area but I still like the bundle lying flat on the ECM. It fits very nicely there and doesn't have to be bent or folded in any unusual ways.