Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Amp Dead Battery

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2024, 07:17 AM
SSG_B
Cruiser
Received 134 Likes on 65 Posts

Glad to see you got you troubles fixed. On a side note, I am also attempting to PC my front light as you did. Did you un-pin the signal lights to get them apart or cut wires? What temp did you bake them at? I have been doing my items at 425 but I thought the signal bucket were plastic and didn't want to bake them that high.

Old 04-10-2024, 11:00 AM
HawkX66
Advanced
Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by SSG_B
Glad to see you got you troubles fixed. On a side note, I am also attempting to PC my front light as you did. Did you un-pin the signal lights to get them apart or cut wires? What temp did you bake them at? I have been doing my items at 425 but I thought the signal bucket were plastic and didn't want to bake them that high.
I've been shooting for 400 and 15-20 min after they flow, but I'm using a small oven right now that's harder to keep at a steady temp. I've been able to keep things between 400 to 440. If I see it climb I just turn it down.
I removed the pins from the JAE connectors. The first one was tricky because I didn't use a safety pin or the right tool. I could reuse them both, but I found the replacement connectors cheap. I like to have backups because I'm always screwing around with something. The hardest part was the accessory light ground. It's riveted to the case. I ended up cutting that and soldering a new connection. That was I didn't have to remove the factory rivet. Now that I know how to pull the light assemblies apart it's not hard. Signal buckets are the same as the rest unless someone swapped them out.
I'm in the middle of building a big oven. Looking forward to getting that done. It's big enough to hold a bike frame.

Last edited by HawkX66; 04-10-2024 at 11:08 AM.
The following users liked this post:
SSG_B (04-10-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 12:17 PM
tesnevo
Club Member
Received 94 Likes on 78 Posts

I would change out the battery for a start. Also where are you drawing power AND switched for the amp turn on? You may want to double check your pulling off of an actual switched circuit and not a constant hot.
also I’m assuming your running a Bluetooth module for the phone/music. What module are you using?
lastly when you ran your power for the amp did you add a Harley accessory harness or did you tap directly off of existing.
as long as your charging system is doing its job and charging/output at the correct amperage then that 50amp should more than handle the amp as long as the following applies;
1: your not running heated gear/other HIGH draw accessories all at the same time
2: your system is hooked up correctly and grounded well
3: your not playing music cranked sitting with the motor off

Well if I had read the whole thread I would have seen you resolved it, lol…..
‘Glad you figured it out.

‘hope this helps some.

Last edited by tesnevo; 04-18-2024 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-18-2024, 12:42 PM
HawkX66
Advanced
Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by tesnevo
I would change out the battery for a start. Also where are you drawing power AND switched for the amp turn on? You may want to double check your pulling off of an actual switched circuit and not a constant hot.
also I’m assuming your running a Bluetooth module for the phone/music. What module are you using?
lastly when you ran your power for the amp did you add a Harley accessory harness or did you tap directly off of existing.
as long as your charging system is doing its job and charging/output at the correct amperage then that 50amp should more than handle the amp as long as the following applies;
1: your not running heated gear/other HIGH draw accessories all at the same time
2: your system is hooked up correctly and grounded well
3: your not playing music cranked sitting with the motor off

Well if I had read the whole thread I would have seen you resolved it, lol…..
‘Glad you figured it out.

‘hope this helps some.
I appreciate your thoughts anyway...

Last edited by HawkX66; 04-18-2024 at 12:44 PM.