2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2018 Sport Glides

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 10:29 AM
Jack S.
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by riggpigg

Bought this in January, finally got it home, haven't ridden it much. I made a few changes to it. I think it will be a fun ride.
How do you like your Klockwerks flare windshield. I'm thinking about getting one but not sure how well it works and if it handles the freeway speed.

Old 04-23-2019, 10:27 PM
riggpigg
Club Member
Received 263 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack S.
How do you like your Klockwerks flare windshield. I'm thinking about getting one but not sure how well it works and if it handles the freeway speed.
ive got around 20 miles on this so I can’t help much. I’ve bumped it up to 70 once but keep in mind that I’m in Kansas so 70 against a 25 mph wind, well you get the idea..... I was concerned about a taller screen because of the way it mounts but it felt pretty solid. I’m 5’10 and it protects pretty good. It takes the wind off my chest and the majority off my face. It’s way better than stock and looks better than the taller ones on the market right now.

Old 04-24-2019, 10:21 AM
Frank96
Stage IV
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone got any comments good or bad about the Klockwerks flare windshield. I'm thinking about getting one but not sure how well it works and if it handles the freeway speed.
I've got one. I like the way it looks, but I get a lot of helmet buffeting at 70+ mph. It actually causes my helmet visor to pop open around 90 mph. I am leaving it on for daily commuting, but will be putting the stock one back on for longer trips.

The following users liked this post:
sportglide (04-28-2019)
Old 04-25-2019, 08:25 AM
Frank96
Stage IV
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Figured I'd follow up with some pictures of the Klockwerks windshield.

Cage-Free (12-17-2020)
Old 04-27-2019, 03:54 PM
Jack S.
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HuntWhenever
I added the Gustafsson screen last night.
how do you like the gustafsson windshield. Does it push the windup over you? Do you get any buffeting around the helmet? How does it hold up to freeway speeds? Thanks

Last edited by Jack S.; 04-27-2019 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Additional question
Old 04-27-2019, 04:17 PM
HuntWhenever
Road Warrior
Received 862 Likes on 466 Posts

how do you like the gustafsson windshield. Does it push the windup over you? Do you get any buffeting around the helmet? How does it hold up to freeway speeds? Thanks
I like it a lot. I did ad a spoiler to the top to get a little more "bubble" above the windshield. The biggest improvement with this particular windshield is the width...it keeps the wind off the sides of your helmet. It does flex some at freeway speeds, but nothing crazy, I did ad some supports behind the windshield when I added the spoiler. It would have probably been fine, but I needed a shelf for my GPS mount anyway, so I incorporated something simple into the design.
Here's a link to some images and more detail... https://www.hdforums.com/forum/2018-...l#post18082518

Old 04-27-2019, 04:22 PM
PaterAnt
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Why don't you just add a roof, rear screen, bonnet / hood, boot / trunk, doors and another two wheels and, I know, let's call it a car / automobile? The best "screen" for this bike is the original.

polbit (04-27-2019)
Old 04-27-2019, 04:43 PM
HuntWhenever
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by PaterAnt
Why don't you just add a roof, rear screen, bonnet / hood, boot / trunk, doors and another two wheels and, I know, let's call it a car / automobile? The best "screen" for this bike is the original.
I don't know why Harley waisted all the time and resources making multiple models...they should have just made one, right? And then you have all of those complete retards manufacturing aftermarket accessories when clearly one setup should work for everyone

The following 2 users liked this post by HuntWhenever:
107" Vibrator (06-14-2019), PaterAnt (04-27-2019)
Old 04-27-2019, 07:19 PM
polbit
Tourer
Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by HuntWhenever
I don't know why Harley waisted all the time and resources making multiple models...they should have just made one, right? And then you have all of those complete retards manufacturing aftermarket accessories when clearly one setup should work for everyone
If you want a Street Glide, why not just get one?

Then again, I took the fairing and bags off my Sport Glide and ride it with just a swingarm bag 99.5% of the time, so what do I know. Customize your bike any way you want, but if I think it's fugly, I'll let you know, and putting a huge screen on that baby SG fairing certainly qualifies.

PaterAnt (04-28-2019)
Old 04-27-2019, 08:17 PM
HuntWhenever
Road Warrior

I guess I'm still an adventurer motorcyclist at heart...function over form. I never pay much attention to what it looks like; just what it feels like going down the road. It also doesn't help that my daily commute are what some would call a "long weekend ride".

Quick Reply: 2018 Sport Glides