2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything Fat Bob Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 04:34 PM
blackmill
Sponsor
Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts
The following 2 users liked this post by blackmill:
ro0Ster (07-14-2020), WDHGS114 (02-24-2019)
Old 09-14-2018, 11:52 PM
Truble
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
Default 19" sheild!

Was hoping you may take some pictures from the front on either side and straight ahead with the rider on it. I'm looking at the 15 inch because I was afraid the 19 inch with swallow the front and thanks for your help!...... Reinhard was stay home

Old 09-15-2018, 01:30 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 955 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by Truble
Was hoping you may take some pictures from the front on either side and straight ahead with the rider on it. I'm looking at the 15 inch because I was afraid the 19 inch with swallow the front and thanks for your help!...... Reinhard was stay home
Truble the 15" screen was also my first choice, but after some research on the findings of other riders I bought the 19" and I'm glad I did. I drove about 60 miles yesterday at different speeds with the windshield on and I must say that there is a bit
protection but not so much as I wish for. I my opinion is the 15" a total waste of the money, the only part that is a bit protected to the elements with the 19" ,is the upper body but the face but the face gets the full blow of the wind and the choice
f helmet is critical to get a good result. Would I buy it again, yes.. because it took some of the wind from my body and is a bit more comfortable to drive at higher speeds. But the ultimate "high speed" cruiser is the other white one you see on the
picture btw I'm 1m76 tall and I do not now what that is in feet

Old 09-15-2018, 01:39 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,460 Likes on 1,407 Posts

Originally Posted by MoneyFor
Truble the 15" screen was also my first choice, but after some research on the findings of other riders I bought the 19" and I'm glad I did. I drove about 60 miles yesterday at different speeds with the windshield on and I must say that there is a bit
protection but not so much as I wish for. I my opinion is the 15" a total waste of the money, the only part that is a bit protected to the elements with the 19" ,is the upper body but the face but the face gets the full blow of the wind and the choice
f helmet is critical to get a good result. Would I buy it again, yes.. because it took some of the wind from my body and is a bit more comfortable to drive at higher speeds. But the ultimate "high speed" cruiser is the other white one you see on the
Try adding one of these little MRA vario spoilers to the top of the windscreen:

Verio Spoiler

They have about 7 positions that you can try to eliminate the last of the buffeting which will depend on your height and riding position.

Old 09-15-2018, 09:05 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 955 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by adm
Try adding one of these little MRA vario spoilers to the top of the windscreen:

Verio Spoiler

They have about 7 positions that you can try to eliminate the last of the buffeting which will depend on your height and riding position.
Thanks for the tip, I take a look at your link.

Old 09-21-2018, 11:28 AM
Truble
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by MoneyFor
Thanks for the info! I ordered a sundowner seat which I believe will put me up just a little bit on the seat I believe I'll take your recommendation. Nice white ride

Old 10-02-2018, 11:40 AM
Gar1414
Cruiser
Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Fab28 industries 2-1

my exhaust is finally installed and dyno tuned with power vision. Amazing how the power vision really wakes up the bike compared to the SE tuner. Here’s the setup and chart.
Complete se stage IV kit
heavybreather ac
fab28 2-1 exhaust
power vision tuner.

final #’s 124hp 126tq.

Old 10-02-2018, 12:09 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gar1414
my exhaust is finally installed and dyno tuned with power vision. Amazing how the power vision really wakes up the bike compared to the SE tuner. Here’s the setup and chart.
Complete se stage IV kit
heavybreather ac
fab28 2-1 exhaust
power vision tuner.

final #’s 124hp 126tq.

Nice numbers! Must be fun to ride.

But, some questions.....you have the Stage IV kit, so IIRC it's now a 117" motor with the CNC ported heads and presumably a bigger throttle body? Does your bike have the Power or Torque cam - or is it a totally different cam for the Stage IV kit?

I have only the Stage 2 (torque) cam, Bassani RR3 exhaust and Heavy Breather AC on my 114" bike and I get the same 126 ft lbs TQ, but my peak torque is at 3.6K RPM vs your at 4.5k RPM. You do get 14 more HP at the top end though :-) And it looks like from about 4K RPM your HP curve is higher than mine.

So my conclusion here is that the Stage IV kit properly tuned will walk away from my Stage II bike after 4K RPM, but up until then I will probably be faster.

Very interesting. My dyno chart is below for comparison.....

Old 10-02-2018, 12:33 PM
Gar1414
Cruiser
Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by adm
Nice numbers! Must be fun to ride.

But, some questions.....you have the Stage IV kit, so IIRC it's now a 117" motor with the CNC ported heads and presumably a bigger throttle body? Does your bike have the Power or Torque cam - or is it a totally different cam for the Stage IV kit?

I have only the Stage 2 (torque) cam, Bassani RR3 exhaust and Heavy Breather AC on my 114" bike and I get the same 126 ft lbs TQ, but my peak torque is at 3.6K RPM vs your at 4.5k RPM. You do get 14 more HP at the top end though :-) And it looks like from about 4K RPM your HP curve is higher than mine.

So my conclusion here is that the Stage IV kit properly tuned will walk away from my Stage II bike after 4K RPM, but up until then I will probably be faster.

Very interesting. My dyno chart is below for comparison.....

yes the stage IV kit is a 117” ported heads, 64mm throttlebody 5.5 injectors.
The cam is a SE-515. Def an upper range cam.
I’m happy with the numbers but being the tinkerer I am I will be swapping the cam out at some point. Just can’t decide if I want to do a 124 kit at the same time.

Old 10-02-2018, 04:42 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gar1414
yes the stage IV kit is a 117” ported heads, 64mm throttlebody 5.5 injectors.
The cam is a SE-515. Def an upper range cam.
I’m happy with the numbers but being the tinkerer I am I will be swapping the cam out at some point. Just can’t decide if I want to do a 124 kit at the same time.
:-) Sounds just like me. Another inveterate tinkerer. I want to do a 124" kit and a non HD cam once my warranty is up. Only 11 months to go. It's getting towards winter here now and I will have a tough time not pulling it apart over the winter.

The guy that tuned my bike told me that there was still a lot of discussion about the flow characteristics on the CNC ported heads and whether they were much better than the stock ones for most uses. Apparently the stock ones flow plenty air anyway - however the CNC ported ones will have better velocity at high flow rates due to different throat castings. Not sure how much is rumour, hearsay or truth, but I am waiting for my favourite head porter to tool up for M8 heads. Hopefully that will happen about the same time as the warranty expires.

Quick Reply: The Everything Fat Bob Thread