2018+ Softail Models Breakout

What did you do to your 18+ softail today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 06:17 AM
TomBe
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Installed full LED turn signals

Old 07-23-2019, 06:17 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,866 Likes on 1,222 Posts

Originally Posted by GodGunsAndBikes
So I don't know what happened, whether a critter got in the garage, some random person walked into my house and threw it down and ran out (while my wife was cooking dinner in the kitchen, 20 feet away, or if my kickstand didn't get quite set and it took over an hour to fall over. Whatever mystery it was, my brand new bike is no longer scratch free.

My wife swears she heard someone come in the front door and go into the garage, and thought it was me, but given my good neighborhood and the fact that the garage door was closed, so the only way out is back through the two doors they came in, I think it was one of the other two options.
OUCH!
Hate to see this, hoping it's not too bad.

The following users liked this post:
GodGunsAndBikes (07-23-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 07:44 AM
GodGunsAndBikes
Intermediate
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MoneyFor
Sorry to see that, any damage on the bike ?
As far as I can see, it looks like a small scratch on the side of the tank from the mirror, a small scratch on the swingarm, and the only other places to touch were the bottom of the passenger peg and the end of the handlebars.
There are two or three drips of oil under the left front corner of the frame which I am trying to figure out where they came from, and I have not ridden it yet. I think it's going to just be the little scratches though.

Old 07-23-2019, 09:11 AM
Griff012FLHX
Club Member
Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Actually 2 day's ago I had The Black heritage bars put on my 19 Slim....

Old 07-23-2019, 09:23 AM
slw210
Road Warrior

Received 901 Likes on 575 Posts

So I don't know what happened, whether a critter got in the garage, some random person walked into my house and threw it down and ran out (while my wife was cooking dinner in the kitchen, 20 feet away, or if my kickstand didn't get quite set and it took over an hour to fall over. Whatever mystery it was, my brand new bike is no longer scratch free.

My wife swears she heard someone come in the front door and go into the garage, and thought it was me, but given my good neighborhood and the fact that the garage door was closed, so the only way out is back through the two doors they came in, I think it was one of the other two options.
It was most likely the side stand I would guess (unless it was your wife). My grandson crawls all over mine and I have shook and did all kinds of things to make sure it wouldn't fall over, just in case.

Old 07-23-2019, 02:21 PM
HD_fan
Road Warrior
Received 590 Likes on 358 Posts

Dammn! Thats one of my nightmares! I walk up to my bikes and see that!

Old 07-23-2019, 08:09 PM
Superdog3:16
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 723 Likes on 443 Posts

Rode to get a haircut. YeeYee...

Old 07-24-2019, 09:37 PM
Hdbkstl
Road Master
Received 316 Likes on 187 Posts

Put a new viking swingarm bag on. Not real big, but I have a stopandgo tire repair kit, alen key, torque head key, and a harley mini compresor in it. Also some 15a fuses. Talk to my tint guy, he is going to give me some scraps of 3m ppf to put on the swingarm where the straps go.

The following users liked this post:
sbrooks64 (07-27-2019)
Old 07-24-2019, 09:47 PM
Buster217
Road Captain
Received 311 Likes on 160 Posts

I always push my bike forward and take out all the drivetrain backlash before I set it down on the sidestand. That way it's pushing back against the stand and it can't roll forward.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:51 PM
Superdog3:16
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 723 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Hdbkstl
Put a new viking swingarm bag on. Not real big, but I have a stopandgo tire repair kit, alen key, torque head key, and a harley mini compresor in it. Also some 15a fuses. Talk to my tint guy, he is going to give me some scraps of 3m ppf to put on the swingarm where the straps go.

Man, that's nice! I wonder if I could squeeze one in withis this license bracket? I won't give it up...

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 18+ softail today?