2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2020 Low Rider S owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 02:36 PM
Sideburn
Tourer
Received 146 Likes on 106 Posts

I thought I wanted a Busa until I rode one. No thank you, bat **** crazy fast. I'd be a greasy spot on a road before too long. This is getting on the verge of it whoa

The following users liked this post:
HuntWhenever (01-22-2020)
Old 01-22-2020, 03:23 PM
HuntWhenever
Road Warrior
Received 862 Likes on 466 Posts

That setup is putting out as much HP @ 3k RPMs as a V-Strom 650 givin' it all its got. LOL.

Old 01-22-2020, 06:11 PM
AJ88V
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Sideburn
I thought I wanted a Busa until I rode one. No thank you, bat **** crazy fast. I'd be a greasy spot on a road before too long. This is getting on the verge of it whoa
Hey, didn't you post you used to own a BMW S1000RR?

The Busa is bat sh** crazy. Took me a full year to get used to it. I instinctively hook in and tuck down when getting on the throttle in any serious way. Sadly, this may be one of the bikes I'll sell this spring. I'm getting too old for it and need to thin the herd anyway.

Now the Harley is getting close to all day comfortable for this old man, and going (truly) fast is barely part of the equation anymore.

Old 01-22-2020, 08:00 PM
Sideburn
Tourer

Originally Posted by AJ88V
Hey, didn't you post you used to own a BMW S1000RR?

The Busa is bat sh** crazy. Took me a full year to get used to it. I instinctively hook in and tuck down when getting on the throttle in any serious way. Sadly, this may be one of the bikes I'll sell this spring. I'm getting too old for it and need to thin the herd anyway.

Now the Harley is getting close to all day comfortable for this old man, and going (truly) fast is barely part of the equation anymore.
Haha, I recently sold my naked/sports bikes as I found I just couldn't help but go too fast too quickly. Besides I generally enjoy just getting out and riding roads I've never been on, grabbing a coffee or beer and just cruising. Felt like I was always strangling a cat on that thing! And it liked it...

The following 2 users liked this post by Sideburn:
AJ88V (01-24-2020), RedRider0151 (01-28-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 08:23 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,524 Likes on 2,138 Posts
Default New Memphis Shades stuff for LRS

Interesting: Memphis shades just sent me an email highlighting new products and they apparently have a bunch of new stuff that fit the LRS. Mostly windshields but the Road Warrior fairing is pretty nice. I still wish the cafe was available, but its probably too narrow for the wider forks. Oh well.

https://memphisshades.com/products/r...il-low-rider-s

Old 01-24-2020, 09:46 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,873 Likes on 1,225 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
Interesting: Memphis shades just sent me an email highlighting new products and they apparently have a bunch of new stuff that fit the LRS. Mostly windshields but the Road Warrior fairing is pretty nice. I still wish the cafe was available, but its probably too narrow for the wider forks. Oh well.

Chances are since they have a cafe for the FXLR, the "S" should be due soon.

This is cool:
https://memphisshades.com/collection...ing-shroud-kit

Last edited by OldMike; 01-24-2020 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:18 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,873 Likes on 1,225 Posts

Maybe with this kit you can use a Street Bob headlight bucket assy.
https://memphisshades.com/collection...-extension-kit

The following users liked this post:
Sideburn (01-24-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 02:06 PM
Sideburn
Tourer

Originally Posted by Mchad

Damn, those do look nice. The black might actually look good on my LRS but wouldn't mind seeing what silver looked like. I'm too cheap to paint it LOL. Would be nice to have a picture from the vantage of the rider. One thing I hate about the HD large fering is the empty, unfinished look it has.

Old 01-24-2020, 04:10 PM
Pierson8706
Novice
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Memphis shades also has a trim ring for the LRS that appears to cover the entire thing, but the lens end is silver, and I plan to paint it black. I have both the ring and the extension bracket on the way to check it out. I’m currently working on getting an Arlen Ness original wide glide fairing on. Not really a fan of the HD quarter, and the Ness will come just over the bar mount gauges I did. The shape of the Ness actually wraps the forks perfectly, just waiting on some rifle collets to do the top mounts and then figure out a lower mount for support.

Old 01-24-2020, 04:13 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,524 Likes on 2,138 Posts

Just installed my fat cat. What a bitch. The header is very heavy, absolutely no flex. I couldn't maneuver it in position myself, for the first time ever I needed a second set of hands to get it aligned. Once I got the flange bolts started it was a walk in the park. Muffler slid on to the head pipe like greased lightning. Lined up perfectly.

I tried to use the spacers to shim out the bracket to keep the bung king rear slider I used on the S&S exhaust bracket, but the D&D wouldn't have it. Too rigid, no flex to coax it out the 1/3" or so needed. Oh well. I'll put the bung king stuff on the classifieds, at some point.

Howard Messner still has one of my fork tubes he is fixing after it developed a leak from the axle clamp after he installed the Öhlins Carts, so I can't ride just yet, but I should have it back on Tuesday. He stood behind his work and dropped everything to get it fixed.

As much as I hate phone recordings of exhausts, here's one. It is 500x louder and 1000x better sounding in person. I have no idea why iPhones are so inaccurate...

Idling and blipping in my underground parking lot it sounds great. I'll see once I get it back together how it sounds on the road.

Overall, excellent quality. Can't wait!

The following 3 users liked this post by Mchad:
AJ88V (01-24-2020), OldMike (01-24-2020), yobtaf103 (01-25-2020)

Quick Reply: 2020 Low Rider S owners