2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2020 Low Rider S owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2020, 05:41 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,520 Likes on 2,137 Posts

Originally Posted by 2018sportglide
I’m small and the mid controls make me feel like my knees are in my chest and hunched forward
I’m 9” taller and I couldn’t be more comfortable with the stock peg position. Though the hunched forward makes sense if you need to reach forward for the bars. You would probably do well with some pullback bars. Would likely improve most of your fit problems. Less lean forward, less “knee in your chest”.

Last edited by Mchad; 04-14-2020 at 05:43 AM.
Old 04-14-2020, 06:33 AM
mark-in-jax
Intermediate
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
****, I thought I wrote that already. Absolutely-F’n-Goddamn right they did. It’s a night and day difference. It’s a functional, proper rear brake with effectiveness I would expect from any bike. It’s funny, it was the FIRST thing I noticed within 20 seconds on my first ride home from the dealer. No more stomping on the pedal. Thank God.
Sorry, but what was it that fixed the rear brake? Thanks!

Old 04-14-2020, 06:41 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by mark-in-jax
Sorry, but what was it that fixed the rear brake? Thanks!
No idea. I was just reporting my experience with it.

Old 04-14-2020, 07:01 AM
bjdmsh
Intermediate
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Mchad...I missed your post about the rear brake. What issues were you experiencing?

Old 04-14-2020, 07:26 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by bjdmsh
Mchad...I missed your post about the rear brake. What issues were you experiencing?
I only commented on my experience of the rear brake performance of my 2020 Low Rider S being better then that of my previous 2019 Low Rider.

Old 04-14-2020, 09:19 PM
big ron
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by nightsterept
Updated pic on how I have my FXLRS set up. I recently installed my Deviant Fabrications FXDXT fairing with a bung kings mount along with the Memphis shades FXLRS headlight bucket and trim ring and their headlight extension bracket.

Bung King mount: '2020 Low Rider T-Sport bracket'
Memphis Shades FXLRS headlight bucket: MEB7231
Memphis Shades headlight extension mount: MEB9882

With a combination of the bung king FXLRS T-Sport fairing bracket and the Memphis shades FXLRS headlight trim bucket and headlight extension bracket I feel it fixed the issue of finding a true off the shelf T-Sport fairing mount option. In the pic the headlight now sits very close to the T-Sport fairing bezel. I personally do not like when headlights protrude outside of a T-Sport fairing bezel and prefer when they are flush or slightly recessed.

For anyone not familiar with Deviant Fabrications T-Sport fairings, they are the only manufacturer to create an actual identical oem replica.. gear box, removable chrome bezel (mine is wrapped black) , same type of plastic shell, same brackets and all, 100% interchangeable parts with OEM Harley T-Sport. So, if a Deviant Fabrications fairing bolts up, so does an actual real OEM T-Sport fairing.
The fairing looks fantastic, how effective is it at providing wind protection? Does the wind pass over your helmet or hit you in the face? For reference how tall are you and whats your inseam. Currently have the HD fairing which has no buffeting and takes the wind off my chest but directs a lot into my face. For reference, I am 6'4" with a 34" inseam and the wind hits me somewhere between my nose and eyes.
Thanks

The following users liked this post:
L.Jimmy (10-29-2021)
Old 04-15-2020, 04:49 PM
nightsterept
Road Captain
Received 342 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by big ron
The fairing looks fantastic, how effective is it at providing wind protection? Does the wind pass over your helmet or hit you in the face? For reference how tall are you and whats your inseam. Currently have the HD fairing which has no buffeting and takes the wind off my chest but directs a lot into my face. For reference, I am 6'4" with a 34" inseam and the wind hits me somewhere between my nose and eyes.
Thanks
I think the fairing does an OK job at wind protection. I say OK because the only bike I've ridden that I'd say did a great job was a softail heritage I rode one time that had a massive/ugly windshield on it. For me, I can feel a direct difference if I hold my palm up while riding and can feel that the wind is hitting near the top of my helmet. I have a Shoei Gt Air 2 full face helmet and don't experience buffering, but that could be both the fairing and the helmet design at play. The fairing by no means blocks all the wind from my face wind, but it certainly does more so than the stock speed fairing. One thing about the Deviant Fab fairing and a factory oem FXDXT fairing is that the windshield is adjustable on thd fly....and it works to change winc glow direction. I'm about 5-10 with a 30 inseam BTW.

Old 04-15-2020, 05:00 PM
nightsterept
Road Captain
Received 342 Likes on 189 Posts

Couple questions about external intake venting. Has anyone installed an external breather with the stock FXLRS intske/filter set up? If so, can you post pics or show how you did it?

I searched this thread and do see several references to external venting set ups with aftermarket intake setups on the FXLRS which is not what I'm looking to do. I'm trying to retain my stock intake but add external venting.

Another question, I'm getting conflicting info that the M8 needs a crankcase oil vent (like the Fueling one) when installing a 128 big bore kit. Some shops I've contacted claim it's a 100% must have and others have said yes, a touring model M8 needs it, while the softail M8s do not have the same issue with venting as they do not share the same crankcase design. I've looked at T Mann performance and they recommend a crankcase vent like their own one or Fueling; however, every single reference I've seen is for a touring model, not a softail M8. I'm asking this as I'm thinking about a 128 big bore kit in my near future.

Old 04-15-2020, 05:50 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,869 Likes on 1,224 Posts

Originally Posted by nightsterept
Couple questions about external intake venting. Has anyone installed an external breather with the stock FXLRS intske/filter set up? If so, can you post pics or show how you did it?

I searched this thread and do see several references to external venting set ups with aftermarket intake setups on the FXLRS which is not what I'm looking to do. I'm trying to retain my stock intake but add external venting.

Another question, I'm getting conflicting info that the M8 needs a crankcase oil vent (like the Fueling one) when installing a 128 big bore kit. Some shops I've contacted claim it's a 100% must have and others have said yes, a touring model M8 needs it, while the softail M8s do not have the same issue with venting as they do not share the same crankcase design. I've looked at T Mann performance and they recommend a crankcase vent like their own one or Fueling; however, every single reference I've seen is for a touring model, not a softail M8. I'm asking this as I'm thinking about a 128 big bore kit in my near future.
External venting, I ended up drilling the exit hole lower though:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwa...l#post18780688

Old 04-15-2020, 05:59 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,869 Likes on 1,224 Posts

Waiting for a cam.

Quick Reply: 2020 Low Rider S owners