2020 Low Rider S owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 12:15 AM
Kilr77
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Let’s get some riding in

Originally Posted by Phil McGrath
February was when I got it, from Jett H/D over in Renton.
I got mine at Eastside, back in the Fall of 2018(Mine’s FXLR). I’m in the middle of doing 124”, trying to put together some scratch to have the heads done, while they’re off. I wouldn’t mind meeting some people here in WA(I’m from Boston, don’t know many here), with whom I can ride.

The following users liked this post:
Phil McGrath (03-06-2021)
Old 03-06-2021, 01:21 AM
Phil McGrath
Tourer
Received 227 Likes on 122 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Kilr77
I’m from Boston, don’t know many here.

So your from Bean Town..... I grew up 50mi North of you, Portsmouth NH. Is that close enough?

Old 03-06-2021, 05:44 AM
daniel.sm
Road Master
Received 145 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by nightsterept
All depends on the dealer or what story they are trying to tell. The local dealer by me had 6 FXLRS in stock, yes, 6. Plenty of inventory and this was a few months back when supposedly HDs were so hard to find....they even had custom color ones and one with a 131 pre-installed:

Are those two colors straight from the Factory or is it a dealer-customized color??

Old 03-06-2021, 06:45 AM
nightsterept
Road Captain
Received 342 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by daniel.sm
Are those two colors straight from the Factory or is it a dealer-customized color??
it was a dealer custom color, painted on delivery.

Old 03-06-2021, 10:18 AM
Gouda9
Novice
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kilr77
I got mine at Eastside, back in the Fall of 2018(Mine’s FXLR). I’m in the middle of doing 124”, trying to put together some scratch to have the heads done, while they’re off. I wouldn’t mind meeting some people here in WA(I’m from Boston, don’t know many here), with whom I can ride.
Welcome to WA! I'm north of Bellingham, so 1.5-2 hours away. Somewhere down the road when I get my FXLRS, I'd be down to try to put a ride together with some local forum members.

I made a post that doesn't seem to have appeared yet. I gave it 24 hours, thinking it might just be delayed, but I still don't see it. At the risk of a double-post, here was the idea. So far, I have two offers from dealers. I tried calling to get email addresses for the Sales and General Manager, like nightsterept suggested, and when the folks on the phone heard my plan, they were suddenly much more helpful. I got prices and the BS was reduced drastically. I'm trading in one of my bikes, and NADA says trade-in is between $4390 and $5235. For easy math, I've been figuring $5k. So far one dealer has offered $18.5k OTD on a new 2020, and will let me know today what they'll offer on my trade. Another dealer told me $14k OTD after trade, which I'm figure is about $19k OTD on their new 2021. So far, I'm not mad at those numbers, but I'm going to push for better. Ideally, I'd like my net cost to be $12.5k, but according to the dealer invoice and estimating $300 for license and registration, I think that'd leave about $300 profit for the dealer on the 2020, less on the 2021. I've been asking myself this: how much more would I be willing to pay for a 2021 over a new 2020?

In any case, many thanks to nightsterept for the words of encouragement and good advice for negotiating. It's already helped, I do wish we had a dealership around here with six bikes, built engines and custom colors. Pretty sweet to have so many options!

Old 03-06-2021, 10:35 AM
nightsterept
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Gouda9
Welcome to WA! I'm north of Bellingham, so 1.5-2 hours away. Somewhere down the road when I get my FXLRS, I'd be down to try to put a ride together with some local forum members.

I made a post that doesn't seem to have appeared yet. I gave it 24 hours, thinking it might just be delayed, but I still don't see it. At the risk of a double-post, here was the idea. So far, I have two offers from dealers. I tried calling to get email addresses for the Sales and General Manager, like nightsterept suggested, and when the folks on the phone heard my plan, they were suddenly much more helpful. I got prices and the BS was reduced drastically. I'm trading in one of my bikes, and NADA says trade-in is between $4390 and $5235. For easy math, I've been figuring $5k. So far one dealer has offered $18.5k OTD on a new 2020, and will let me know today what they'll offer on my trade. Another dealer told me $14k OTD after trade, which I'm figure is about $19k OTD on their new 2021. So far, I'm not mad at those numbers, but I'm going to push for better. Ideally, I'd like my net cost to be $12.5k, but according to the dealer invoice and estimating $300 for license and registration, I think that'd leave about $300 profit for the dealer on the 2020, less on the 2021. I've been asking myself this: how much more would I be willing to pay for a 2021 over a new 2020?

In any case, many thanks to nightsterept for the words of encouragement and good advice for negotiating. It's already helped, I do wish we had a dealership around here with six bikes, built engines and custom colors. Pretty sweet to have so many options!
Keep at it negotiating, you’ll get closer to that $12.5k OTD figure after your trade. Make it clear you are willing to place a ‘non-refundable’ deposit over the phone and sign paperwork at pick up....that’ll show them you’re serious and ready to buy immediately. As I mentioned before, 2020 models should be heavily discounted now that 2021s are rolling out. When I negotiated originally the same dealer that sold for $17K OTD originally was around $19.5 K OTD, they came down.....one dealer will get you near your $12.5K OTD after trade, you just might have to travel.

Below is an example I got for $17.3K OTD btw:

Last edited by nightsterept; 03-06-2021 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-06-2021, 12:26 PM
Gouda9
Novice
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nightsterept
Keep at it negotiating, you’ll get closer to that $12.5k OTD figure after your trade. Make it clear you are willing to place a ‘non-refundable’ deposit over the phone and sign paperwork at pick up....that’ll show them you’re serious and ready to buy immediately. As I mentioned before, 2020 models should be heavily discounted now that 2021s are rolling out. When I negotiated originally the same dealer that sold for $17K OTD originally was around $19.5 K OTD, they came down.....one dealer will get you near your $12.5K OTD after trade, you just might have to travel.
Something I forgot to include in my last post is that the tax rate here is 9-10%, depending on the county. The difference between that and the 3% sales tax rate in the figures you posted in other threads comes out to about $1.1k at dealer cost, so I'm taking all of your numbers and bumping them by about a grand to account for difference in location. $17k to you would be $18k here. A couple offers are less than 1k away from right now. We'll see how the rest of the weekend goes.

Old 03-09-2021, 07:21 PM
natural gasser
Road Captain
Received 288 Likes on 156 Posts

Mchad, Does the S&S pipe scrape?

Last edited by natural gasser; 03-09-2021 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-09-2021, 09:41 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,985 Likes on 752 Posts

Originally Posted by daniel.sm
The orange one is a custom paint job for sure. I think the red one is Midnight Crimson, a factory color for the 2021 FXLRS.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:30 AM
nightsterept
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Then Came Bronson
The orange one is a custom paint job for sure. I think the red one is Midnight Crimson, a factory color for the 2021 FXLRS.
That pic was taken before 2021 models released, the local dealer did a few FXLRS models with custom colors when they were delivered (those colors are not factory applied). I just wanted to show that the dealer by me (Tobacco Rd HD) had a rather large selection of FXLRS models in stock....at a time when everyone was claiming Harleys were impossible to find in stock and dealers were attempting to price gouge people.

For what it worth, another dealer by (Raging Bull HD) me also had 3 FXLRS bikes on the floor as well.

In NC anyway, FXLRS models are very plentiful and negotiable. I feel bad for the west coast buyers who are getting price gouged.

The following 2 users liked this post by nightsterept:
FattyMcJ (03-10-2021), Then Came Bronson (03-11-2021)

Quick Reply: 2020 Low Rider S owners