Air Suspensions All you Air Ride Suspension Owners can discuss your Rides here

Platinum Softail Shock System... Simply AMAZING!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 08:01 PM
stratplexi
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,012 Likes on 523 Posts

I would not want any system with an integrated compressor. The compressor is a wear item and eventually it will wearout. At least with a seperate compressor you can replace it...not sure about others with integrated compressors.

All of them have their pros/cons. If you want damping adjustments on the fly you are going to have to pony up the cash.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:45 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by stratplexi
I would not want any system with an integrated compressor. The compressor is a wear item and eventually it will wearout. At least with a seperate compressor you can replace it...not sure about others with integrated compressors.

All of them have their pros/cons. If you want damping adjustments on the fly you are going to have to pony up the cash.
I have had my Hi Lo with the compressor for over 3 years and never had a problem, although it can be considered a wear item. I ride my bike all the time. I got the Hi Lo when I had 15k miles and I now have 50k so you be the judge. SAS offers a 3 year warranty on all parts as well.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:13 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I have had my Hi Lo with the compressor for over 3 years and never had a problem, although it can be considered a wear item. I ride my bike all the time. I got the Hi Lo when I had 15k miles and I now have 50k so you be the judge. SAS offers a 3 year warranty on all parts as well.
A hi/low isn't even in the same class as a Shotgun/Platinum. the hi/low does just that...adjustment up and down with no dampning.

There is a reason why your changing out your air ride for a updated system? And im sure its the dampning feature.

The hi/low was considered a fine system a few years ago but as of today there are better options out there. Its like buying a tube television compaired to a HD flat screen.

As for the SAS ....not a chance! For that kind of $$$!

Old 04-01-2010, 09:16 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
A hi/low isn't even in the same class as a Shotgun/Platinum. the hi/low does just that...adjustment up and down with no dampning.

There is a reason why your changing out your air ride for a updated system? And im sure its the dampning feature.

The hi/low was considered a fine system a few years ago but as of today there are better options out there. Its like buying a tube television compaired to a HD flat screen.

As for the SAS ....not a chance! For that kind of $$$!
However the compressor still does the same thing. It fills up the cylinders. I was trying to point out that even if a compressor is a wear item it may wear out, and it may not. I didn't think that was an argument that held enough water in my book. Yes, there is a reason I am changing my air ride. I know there is something better out there and have finally been able to get a new one. I rode a bike with this same system and it was a completely different ride.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:30 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

However the compressor still does the same thing. It fills up the cylinders. I was trying to point out that even if a compressor is a wear item it may wear out, and it may not. I didn't think that was an argument that held enough water in my book. Yes, there is a reason I am changing my air ride. I know there is something better out there and have finally been able to get a new one. I rode a bike with this same system and it was a completely different ride.
So how much ride difference was there between a hi/low system and a Platinum? I'm sure it was nite and day...believe me...if the Shotgun system wasn't around i would have a Platinum.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:34 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
So how much ride difference was there between a hi/low system and a Platinum? I'm sure it was nite and day...believe me...if the Shotgun system wasn't around i would have a Platinum.
If it was not night and day I would not have bought one. That is all there is to say. I was thoroughly impressed with the way it soaked up the bumps after riding a Hi Lo for several years. There is nothing wrong with a Hi Lo, I have one for sale now. $495 shipped to whoever wants it and the lifetime warranty is still good to anyone who buys it from me. The Hi Lo is what it is and performs well. I am wondering how much faster I will flying through the canyon's with the new system installed.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:43 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

Congrats on your new air ride!

Old 04-01-2010, 10:24 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Thank you sir.

Old 04-02-2010, 01:08 PM
NEVETTE
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dr. V-twin, enjoy your new system. Did you notice the size of the compressor on the Platinum Bleed and Feed? It raises the bike in a very quick fashion. You'll enjoy your ride so much more now that you can adjust on the fly. Bring on the twisties!!

[IMG][/IMG]
I just reach down between my legs for adjustment. Too much fun!

Old 04-06-2010, 07:55 AM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We are now down to 1 set left in stock just in case any of you are on the fence.

Get it before the wait times become lengthy and interfere with your riding schedule.

Thanks!

Shawn
If I don't hear back from JD @ Shotgun in a day or two I may take it off your hands if you still have it. Got money burning a hole in my pocket and need someone willing to take it!

Quick Reply: Platinum Softail Shock System... Simply AMAZING!!!