Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me hear the radio on my 2015 Road Glide Special~

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 07:21 PM
Ganooch
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Help me hear the radio on my 2015 Road Glide Special~

So this stock system on the 2015 is not going to cut it. I need a recommendation for an in fairing amp and speakers to upgrade this sound. The amp needs enough juice to run a pair of good saddle bag lid speakers in the future.

I hear Rockford Fozgate has good amps. I am not looking for cheap, I am looking for quality volume and sound.

Old 01-05-2015, 07:51 PM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Ganooch
So this stock system on the 2015 is not going to cut it. I need a recommendation for an in fairing amp and speakers to upgrade this sound. The amp needs enough juice to run a pair of good saddle bag lid speakers in the future.

I hear Rockford Fozgate has good amps. I am not looking for cheap, I am looking for quality volume and sound.
many have been there and kept spending money (upgrade after upgrade).
at least you got "no budget dependancies"

Want to keep FM radio?

I would initially recommend BT (Biketronics) - Lifetime Warranty on all their stuff...
can you get good audio for less bucks? yes...
call BT (Bill) - they are great to work with... reference HDForums and pretty sure he'll give you a good deal...

if you want to run lid speakers down the road, I would opt for the BT4180 amp, just for now do not use the rear channels, but do run the speaker wires while you got the tank off...

Speakers... BTs 7.1, Infinity's, ... many many choices...

there's a sticky thread about 2014 audio upgrades... something to "read" - good info there, as it's been a challenge with the "Rushmore" audio (you need a flash on the HU - unless you want to go with the "Magic" box).
I know enough about audio to be dangerous, but being honest I do not have first hand experience with the 2014-2015 models...
Others here will definitely chime in here...

Old 01-05-2015, 09:37 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by AAWAV
many have been there and kept spending money (upgrade after upgrade).
at least you got "no budget dependancies"

Want to keep FM radio?

I would initially recommend BT (Biketronics) - Lifetime Warranty on all their stuff...
can you get good audio for less bucks? yes...
call BT (Bill) - they are great to work with... reference HDForums and pretty sure he'll give you a good deal...

if you want to run lid speakers down the road, I would opt for the BT4180 amp, just for now do not use the rear channels, but do run the speaker wires while you got the tank off...

Speakers... BTs 7.1, Infinity's, ... many many choices...

there's a sticky thread about 2014 audio upgrades... something to "read" - good info there, as it's been a challenge with the "Rushmore" audio (you need a flash on the HU - unless you want to go with the "Magic" box).
I know enough about audio to be dangerous, but being honest I do not have first hand experience with the 2014-2015 models...
Others here will definitely chime in here...
What AAWAV said. . . . Nothing beats a life time warranty. . Especially with Audio.

Old 01-06-2015, 07:14 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

I'll add to what AAWAV stated; stay away from the "magic box". Get your audio figured out as for what you're wanting to do, then have the head unit flashed for your setup.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:52 AM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

here you go - our godfather and his apprentice chimed in

read up here on the forum on some options for audio - or simply stick with BT - call Bill. you can just pick his brain and make a decision later if you need to think about it...

Old 01-06-2015, 10:11 AM
tdgriff
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What everyone said. BT stuff rocks and Bill is a great guy. He will give you a sales pitch he will listen to you and give you what you want.

Old 01-06-2015, 10:32 AM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hope I don't regret getting the RF amp and Infinty speakers. If so, Biketronics stuff will be replacing them.

Old 01-06-2015, 10:48 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtracin23
I hope I don't regret getting the RF amp and Infinty speakers. If so, Biketronics stuff will be replacing them.
You will be fine my friend. . . We'll take good care of you! That amp is a beast. Just watch the gain settings. The infinity's are two ohm and that amp produces 200 watts RMS at 2 ohms or 4. Powerful little beast. But it also has clip detection indicator lights. This will help you set the gains and protect your speakers.

Old 01-06-2015, 11:12 AM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
You will be fine my friend. . . We'll take good care of you! That amp is a beast. Just watch the gain settings. The infinity's are two ohm and that amp produces 200 watts RMS at 2 ohms or 4. Powerful little beast. But it also has clip detection indicator lights. This will help you set the gains and protect your speakers.

Oh, you guys have been a BIG help already. When I finally get my bracket so I can finish this install and the weather warms up, I'm gonna make a trip to Indy to buy you a drink. Or maybe meet at Shoe's Ridge Bar south of Rockville. If you've never been there, that place is pretty neat as is the 36 Saloon on the main drag in Rockville.

Sorry UN, Texas is a little far to ride. Hafta figure out a way to get you a beverage too.

UN, while on the subject, will I need to get a set of SE speaker grills to fit on those Infinity speakers?

Last edited by dirtracin23; 01-06-2015 at 11:22 AM.