Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soundz Inc

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 07:56 PM
bdrummer0413
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Wam
Guys I am sure y'all know way more than I do. But all kidding aside, I have never heard anyone have anything to say about Peter but good things. Think about it like this, to stay in this kind of business you have to stay on top of things. Also when you warranty and guarantee your work and products then it has to be right. I also feel that someone that does this work would learn what does and doesn't work, along with what needs to be changed. It is not like he does one or two bikes a year, he does hundreds. You may think his stuff is over priced but, I have rather pay more for something that's going to hold up and is guaranteed to hold up and there's someone there to back it up and Pay less and do it over and over. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but unless you have first hand knowledge, in other words have had him do a system for you, then it's your opinion and we know SQ is subject to individuals. I know there's others out there and I am sure a lot of them are good. But I have heard bad things about some of the products and installers that have been mentioned.
I will say this has been a good discussion.
I also hope I didn't hurt anyone's feeling and no one has mine. Just because we don't agree doesn't mean we can't have a beer together sometime.
I also invite you to look at my Facebook page Allen McCannon and look at the last video, " sound test"
Wam

Everyone on here agrees you spend your money how you see fit. But when you can buy hertz coax..mmats coax, etc for a 1/3 of what you are paying, then IMO its called good money management. Oh, you can get those warranties too... plus who needs to pay for customer service when talking to these guys on this forum is free. They will tell you everything you know.. Again you if you like it, then spend your money, but you dont need to preach to the choir in here to these VETs in the audio game about a set of $600 coax speakers. Thats like paying for an overpriced hooker... maybe a bad example.. but you get my point...lololol...

Last edited by bdrummer0413; 02-16-2019 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-16-2019, 08:33 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 546 Posts

Wam, I have tried to hear your vid but it isn't available on facebook for me for some reason.

Old 02-16-2019, 08:38 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

I don't know what the big deal is? Is 600.00 a lot, sure but if the guy is happy and enjoys his tunes more power to him!! I can honestly say that I posted what's currently on my bike and had a different screen name most here would argue against it, or say that my tuning was all off. So Wam's bike is different than the norm here, no big deal.....he's falls in a different customer bracket where most guys here fall into the DIY. Are any of you guys going to Daytona??? Would be neat for Wam to hear the differences between his set up and others more commonly used here.

Old 02-16-2019, 09:06 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
I don't know what the big deal is? Is 600.00 a lot, sure but if the guy is happy and enjoys his tunes more power to him!! I can honestly say that I posted what's currently on my bike and had a different screen name most here would argue against it, or say that my tuning was all off. So Wam's bike is different than the norm here, no big deal.....he's falls in a different customer bracket where most guys here fall into the DIY. Are any of you guys going to Daytona??? Would be neat for Wam to hear the differences between his set up and others more commonly used here.
He actually called you and Louie our for Daytona.

Old 02-16-2019, 09:10 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
He actually called you and Louie our for Daytona.
I know!!!! He can buy me a beer after I whoop him

It's all in good fun.

Old 02-16-2019, 09:11 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

It's all in good fun.
Then there was stipulations to the comparison. Apples to Apples sort of thing.

Old 02-17-2019, 08:52 AM
sbeamer
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Wow! I didn't mean t start a **** slingin contest. The truth is, I will pay $600 for a pair of speakers. But after I install them, I dont want to "think" they sound good, I want to KNOW they sound like $600! I've spent days reading this and other threads here. Have heard a bunch of different systems. Even had a couple different sets of speakers myself. 2 things; 1, I do notice a little difference from one speaker to the next, but not that much. 2, While I can get loud and clear @ highway speeds, the 4 different sets I've had, sound pretty much the same. To be fair, I am only running fairing speakers. I know. But it's all I need. Just looking for a little more...... something.

If it only sounded the same running like it does when you shut off the motor.

Last edited by sbeamer; 02-17-2019 at 08:55 AM. Reason: add ed thought
Old 02-17-2019, 10:52 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by sbeamer
Wow! I didn't mean t start a **** slingin contest. The truth is, I will pay $600 for a pair of speakers. But after I install them, I dont want to "think" they sound good, I want to KNOW they sound like $600! I've spent days reading this and other threads here. Have heard a bunch of different systems. Even had a couple different sets of speakers myself. 2 things; 1, I do notice a little difference from one speaker to the next, but not that much. 2, While I can get loud and clear @ highway speeds, the 4 different sets I've had, sound pretty much the same. To be fair, I am only running fairing speakers. I know. But it's all I need. Just looking for a little more...... something.

If it only sounded the same running like it does when you shut off the motor.
What do u currently have installed & what are you specifically missing from ur speakers in motion?

It could be that ur just wanting the same sound with more presence, which is reasonably attainable.

T

Old 02-17-2019, 09:03 PM
Wam
Tourer
Received 61 Likes on 33 Posts

It's all in good fun.
Alex,
I have heard good things about you. I really hope to meet you. Hey I been whooped before lol. Hell I will buy you a beer just to talk. Hope to see you there and good luck in the competitions. I am on Facebook Allen McCannon, so if you get a message from me, it's just trying to meet up.
Thanks Allen

Old 02-28-2019, 04:13 PM
JOHN CHAP
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What amp would you recommend for these speaker?

Quick Reply: Soundz Inc